Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG Vendor UI Configuration

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to know how to separate the Vendor and Supplier UI .

My requirement is that i want a direct "Create ERP Vendor" button instead of a "New" button.

How do i achieve this ??

Appreciate if you can let me know the steps .

Regards,

Vag Vignesh Shenoy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vag,

please refer to the MDG configuration guide for MDG-S (Master Data Governance for Suppliers) for details.

Best regards

Michael

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

On the UI level i would be using the ERP Vendor and not the lean Vendor.

But when i try to create a new Vendor i always get a pop up with the option to pick the Lean Vendor or ERP Vendor .

I would like know how can i make sure that when the Create button is clicked i am redirected directly to ERP Vendor and the pop up can be skipped.

Regards,

Vag Vignesh Shenoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vag,

In the same system we can use both ERP Vendor or Lean Vendor..As lean Vendor is also leads to ERP Vendor only ie only in the requester step you will be finding the difference between ERP Vendor and Lean Vendor.Once you have submitted Lean Vendor CR, In the next step it is same as ERP Vendor...

Now if you dont want to use Lean Vendor Change Request then just delete the Lean Vendor CR types from the MDGIMG and just keep only ERP Vendor CR types.Now it will create only ERP Vendor CR.

Thanks & Regards,

Ibrahim.

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ibrahim,

We have gone ahead with unlinking of the Business activity from the Lean Change request , This made sure that there are no 2 BA , so the system picks the ERP Vendor by default .

Regards,

Vag Vignesh Shenoy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vag,

If you are using the MDG version 6.1 then you need to update the role for which you need the vendor screen to be available.

1. open the role in pfcg and go to menu tab.

2. expand vendor governance -> change requests -> vendor maintainance -> process vendor.

3. Right click on the process vendor and select details.

4. Change the Application configuration from BS_OVP_SP to BS_OVP_SP_VL.

to test the same right click on the process supplier and execute, you will see the new screen.

For MDG 7.0 SAP has provided segregated roles for the vendor screen you just need to use the desired roles for the vendor screen.

Regards,

Varun