cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rendering discrepancies between Personas Screens in Chrome vs NWBC (GUI)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using SP2 with Silverlight & NWBC for desktop.

I have designed a few screen within Chrome.

When I look at these same screens in NWBC, there are subtle differences in size, colours, font sizes, etc. see examples below..

Does anyone have ant thoughts on this?

VA02 in Chrome ....

VA02 in NWBC....

Any feedback much appreciated.

Regards.

Patrick.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Difference is due to the theme you are using in NWBC. If you use Standard theme in NWBC then it will look same as personas in browser.

Thanks

Chinthan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the feedback Chinthan - I wasn't aware that we had set a non-standard theme in NWBC - I'll check that with our Basis team.

Regards.

Patrick.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

diwheeler
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am pretty sure that it's because you are not only running NWBC 4.0, but your NWBC theme has been set to corbu.

Your personas 2.0 connection is using SAP default, so it comes up blue.  If you wanted to see it the same as you render via NWBC, then add "&theme=corbu" to your personas connection string (minus the " marks).

If you want to make it a permanent change, it needs to be set on the service.  Talk to your friendly BASIS person, since it will be a setting on the service.  Have fun!

Cheers

Di

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response Dianne.

I think this is the correct answer but as I am now working entirely in NWBC (and there is now no requirement for a browser service) I have not tested this but it sounds right - we are using corbo by default and someone has been messing about with the themes in NWBC so they are unlikely to be the same.

For some reason I can't see a 'correct answer' option on this question so can't mark it as such but I very much appreciate you taking the time to get back to me on this.

Thanks again.

Patrick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

NWBC uses IE, it's not surprising that there are rendering differences between IE and Chrome. However in this case, as Chinthan wrote, the difference is because NWBC by default uses the SAP Corbu (sap_corbu) theme where as ITS, which Personas uses, doesn't. If you want to use SAP Corbu in Personas you should know that Personas has propriety themes. Another point to make is that you will need to have 7.21 kernel or higher to have SAP Corbu support in ITS. It can be a tedious undertaking to have a consistent UX across all the UI frameworks since they use different techniques, something I hope SAP will address in the future.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Samuli - very helpful. We are on 7.41 so I guess that should be fine. Am I right in thinking that if we establish an NWBC theme (colours, images, etc.) that the Personas screens will automatically be 'dressed' with that theme as well?

Regards.

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I know, not entirely because Personas has it's own theming. I do not have hands on experience with Personas theming so maybe others who do can comment. Web Dynpros and ITS will be able to leverage the new custom theme created with UI Theme Designer.