cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VL09 - Good movemt for delivery cannot be cancelled

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have created a return delivery and PGR'd which created a material document.

I wanted to reverse it with VL09 but getting the error message as shown in following screen shot.

How to reverse now?

Tried using MBST, and getting the error

Please help me to cancell this material document to cancell the return delivery.

Thanks,

Venkat.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe this scenario needs to be more thoroughly explained.  All I have gathered thus far is that a return was created, posted thus replenishing the stock which had left, then the stock was moved to a separate order to bill to a customer.  If that is indeed the case, what is your reason for wanting to reverse the goods receipt which replenished the stock originally?  As already mentioned in this thread, if it's a pricing error from the return order it can be corrected via debit/credit memos.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat,

It seems that you have done PGR on 05.08.14 and creating reversal on 11.08.14, therefore while making the reversal entry in VL09 make sure the change the date. Kindly update the reversal date (05.08.14) as the same date which was posted while creating PGR.

Please try and revert back.

Best Regards,

Ratish

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That date is irrelevant for what he is trying to do, since it is in the same period.

former_member183501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am getting only one solution for reversing PGR is , for example you created Return sales Order-Inbound delivery-Credit memo for material X (10 qty).but same material you billed to other customer now  only option is if You are already having  X Material which would have bought from Vendor or production then same could be reversed is stock is available .but you are getting error due to deficit of stock then it seems you also don't have sufficient stock for X Material hence only one option is to create credit memo first for closing the transaction & same can be block for Releasing to accounting (Incomplete due to accounting block)*.

Thanks

Kamlesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a credit memo against the Return Delivery so that the transaction is closed.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you PGR you take stock in your system. When you reverse this document you must have the same stock in your same stock category (return, blocked or unrestricted) where you took it back at the time of PGR. Reversing a PGR document is replicate of it but in reverse so you need to check that what did you do with reversal stock. May be you moved it from return to unrestricted or something like that.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

So can any one shed some light about how to go and what transaction should I use to reverse the return please?

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are using the right transaction, but apparently the stock that you received is no longer there (or in the correct status).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes absolutely you are right, stock is not there.

what has happend is the stock when came back was assigned to some other order and sent.

so what is the course now ?

how to cancell is the question now.

former_member183501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Agreed with Respected Sir & .

As you are unable to Revers the PGR via VL09 due to deficit of stock, ok if you have sent the same material to other Customer then you should create  Debit memo as suggested by Venkat . Or dont' revers it just create a Credit memo with the reference of same Return sales Order & block it for accounting posting once it is done then let us know also request you to elaborate about your business process.

Kind Regards

Kamlesh

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check in MB51 what did you do with that returned stock. Check with movement type and reverse those movements first and bring the stock back if you really want to reverse the return delivery.

Thank$

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why were you trying to reverse the receipt in the first place? Apparently the stock did arrive, since it was shipped in another sales order.

Did it have the wrong valuation?

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

He won't be able to do that, if the quantity was already invoiced to another customer (because you should never reverse invoices that have been shipped).

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suggested this with understanding that he might have moved stock from return to unrestricted. If stock was invoiced then he can arrange it from somewhere else provided that they are not using serial numbers or batch numbers. If serial or batch number is a practice then system won't allow until original serial and batch numbers are taken back in stock.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

as you are in a productive system you have to discuss this issue with your responsible department.

in such a condition for example i would discussed the issue with my accounting team sinc e they are here the authorized persons for this.

Best Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Reddy,

if i understand you try to cancell a return. maybe some other movement - another delivery for example - changes your stock level and you have not sufficient stock.

check your movements for the period.

Regards.

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't have enough stock to reverse the document. Check if the stock is blocked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

for reversing the receipt, how does it a matter, how much stock is there in my storage. I am accepting the returned stock, not sending it out.

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you reverse a receipt, you are "sending it out".