cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identifying server instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a rather weird situation here.

I am currently running 3 instances of WAS J2EE on the same physical box. I have my application deployed on each of the instances.

(This is done because different groups of users need to access for testing.)

The application currently need to read some flat files from disk. I need to separate the different instances to read from different directories.

Hence, I need to be able to identify the individual instances to redirect them to different directories.

Problem is how do I indentify the server instance?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !!,

You can do this by reading the port number also right !!!

For my knowledge instead of reading instance number , ypu can read port number on which server is running so that you can diferentiate and you can read the file from appropriate location.Reading port is easy )

Regards, VIP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Instance can be identified by instance number.

To find Instance number

(<Port> - 50000)/100, where <Port> is the port number that you are accessing the J2EE Engine.

I hope based on this your problem could solve?

regards

Anand.M

Message was edited by: Ananda Krishna Marri

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Wei,

Do you really mean 3 Web AS instances or a single instance with 3 server nodes? Anyway, do have a look at these links:

Hope that helps,

Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir,

I am actually running 3 distinct Web AS instances. They are not running in a cluster or load-balanced.

There are 3 environments: user testing, conversion testing and training.

As such, each individual WAS does not know about the existence of the others.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am actually not clear about the question. If you are looking for the J2EE instance directory, its is located in the following tree

usr\sap\<SID>\DVEBMGS00\j2ee

I believe for each instance there will be a individual instance directory like this based on the instance number.

hope this help

Srinivas