Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectivity of SAP Backend with SMP 3.0

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a query related to SAP backend connectivity with SMP 3.0

I have SMP 3.0 and Service Manager 4.1 application configured over it.

Now in SAP the data setup is maintained in Client 100 and the ABAP Addon is present in Client 110.

While I install Service Manager application , I give the backend details which gets stored in the JavaBE.ini file , which has the system name and the client.

My Query is which client do I need to mention here. It should be the one which has ABAP addon or the Data Or the ABAP addon and data should present in the same client ?

Please advise.

Thanks and Regards

Neha mahanty

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

ABAP objects are not client dependent so the add-on is present in all the clients.

But of course you should activate Agentry services, activate BC Set... in the client where you want your users to interact which I understand is 100.

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marcal.

Thank you! ! So as I understood the addon for syclo and the config for service manager should be present in all the clients .so that whatever client we connect we get the syclo configurations along with the data.

Also the services and other settings should be in place in every client.

Please let me know if my understanding is correct here.

Thanks

Neha

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not exactly. You have the addon installed in all the clients, but the configuration is client dependent.

So you must enable the configuration portal, services and so on in the client you would like the users to work with

Answers (0)