cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request details not visible to approvers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are implementing GRC 10.0 SP 14 and have run into a problem.

The approvers are not able to view the access request tabs when they select the request for approval from their 'work inbox'

They can only see the submit/otheractions and close button.

The risk analysis is mandatory for role owner stage but the risk analysis cannot be performed as the risk violation tab is not visible.

The approvers have full access to the GRC system.

Your help is appreciated.

Best Regards,

Silver

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192837
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check below SNOTES.

1890137Blank screen or only header information comes on the Access Request screen
1894119Access Request Blank Screen Issue- Access key is required for note implementation .Reference note- 1805019,1682297

The Approver Request screen only contains the top button bar (submit, other actions, etc) and the entire request details are missing.

Regards

Dilip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Dilip,

I checked the suggested notes and found as below

1890137 refers to 1805019 and 1682297

1894119 talks about getting the access key for implementing 1805019

1805019 says document not released

I think 1805019 is created for the exact same issue that I am getting but it says document not released. Are you able to view that note. if yes, could you please share the text of it.

Thanks,

Silver

former_member192837
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Yes this belong to same issue. and we resolved using same. Not released case can be checked with SAP. Regards Dilip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just contacted SAP, they said the note is released internally and not released for customers but they are going to check with the internal team and let me know when I mentioned that it has been implemented by many customers already.

Thanks,

Silver

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried to attach copy of the SAP note as a PDF from a previous implementation, but SCN blocked it, so I am copy and pasting the steps below:

1805019 - The Approver Request screen only contains the top button bar (submit, other actions, etc) and the entire request

details are missing

Symptom

When opening a request as an approver, the screen shown only contains the top button bar (including submit, other actions, etc) and the top info

bar (including request type, due date, priority, etc.).

The entire request content that should be displayed on this page is missing. The page is empty. The problem only happens at the Approver screen.

The Requestor screen displays properly.

Environment

SAP Netweaver 731

GRC Access Control 10.0

l Access Risk Management 10.0

Reproducing the Issue

The Approver logs on to his work inbox and clicks on the request pending for approval.

Resolution

The below mentioned steps are applicable for Net Weaver 731.

Step 1) Login to the R/3 System and Enter transaction SE80

Step 2) Enter the Package as GRAC_ACCESS_REQUEST

Step 3) Navigate to GRAC_ACCESS_REQUEST->Web Dynpro->Component Configurations.

Step 4) Double click on GRAC_OIF_REQUEST_APPROVAL_CC Configuration

Step 5) Click on the Button "Start Configurator" on the top

Step 6) Webdynpro ABAP Component Configuration will open

Step 7) Click on button 'Continue in change mode' and Click on the GRAC_OIF_REQUEST_APPROVAL_CC component configuration link

Step 😎 Under General Settings-> Additional Settings-> Scroll Bars -> Select 'No Scrollbars' in the dropdown instead of 'Automatic'. Also delete

the "Space" Character for each of the Element IDs.

I believe the steps still remain the same, therefore you should be safe to go ahead and follow the manual steps. You will need basis admins to provide you with the Developer Access Keys (which you already know about)

I hope that helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks much Harinam,

Best Regards,

Silver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me know if it gets fixed (it should, as I have had to implement this note on various engagements for a good while now!). I have seen the issue on SP12, 13 and 14. One would think that the basic error would be fixed in one of the new support packs released.

Seems the issue keeps on cropping up in the forum now and then also:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It works after I updated the webdynpro config as per the note.

Thanks again,

Silver

former_member192837
Participant
0 Kudos

Good you have resolved

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nice to hear that your issue has been resolved

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Silver,

first time we see that issue. Can you check SLG1 if any missing authorization is reported? Did it work earlier? How about other requests (is it only for particular type of requests)? How about stages (for all stages or only role owner)?

Thanks and regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Alessandro,

There is no error in SLG1. We have a two stage workflow and it is happening for both the stages and for other request types also.

This is the first time we are trying it in our system so it wasnt working earlier.

Thanks,

Silver

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Strange... I am not sure where this error comes from. Probably some of the components are not properly generated/activated and hence displaying the web dynpro doesn't work. As I am not an ABAPler I can't help you in checking that. I am sure one of the gurus can help you.

Best regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

This bug has been causing an issue on a 7.31 GRC system for a while so it's not new. Attached the content of SAP note 1805019 in the thread.