cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max.cond.base value - wrong line totals in Sales Order and Invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

In my pricing procedure, I have set the field Max.cond.base value as 1 in VK12 (in additional data) for one of my condition type ZR16 . If Max.cond.base value is set as 1 for ZR16 condition type, the value for ZR16 will be considered only for the 1st quantity for that item. All subsequent quantities for that item will not be considered. This works fine in Sales Order and when I enter the same material in 2 line items with qty 1 each, only the first line item considers ZR16 value in total net value and the second line item does not consider the value of ZR16 in the total, which is correct.

Problem arises when I create individual deliveries and individual invoices for each line item. Although the ZR16 value is not considered in the total for the second line item in the sales order the value is being considered in the invoice which is wrong. I tried various scenarios and found this issue arises only with domestic customer and not with overseas customer. Issue is that the line total value value calculated correctly in sales order is reflecting wrongly in Invoice when I use Max.cond.base value. I am confused if this is a pricing procedure related issue or copy control related. Please share your valuable inputs.

Regards,

Madhavan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
 I tried various scenarios and found this issue arises only with domestic customer and not with overseas customer

Compare the access sequence combination and condition record in both the above cases and check which one is differing and creating issue.

the line total value value calculated correctly in sales order is reflecting wrongly in Invoice

Again here also, compare the Analysis tab which should be self explanatory to find out the root cause of the issue.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

Your suggestion was valuable. On analyzing the same, I found that there is a field called "Max base value" as "X" or "Y" on double clicking on the condition type in Invoice.

X - Maximum value set: limit has been exceeded

Y - Maximum value set: limit has not yet been exceeded

For the invoices with wrong value, the field is "Y" and correct invoices has the field "X". Now, I am trying hard to find what controls the field "Max base value" in sales order and invoice. What setting should I do in order to get that updated at the sales order level itself? Please guide if anybody has a solution.

Thanks,

Madhavan

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
the field is "Y" and correct invoices has the field "X".

Share the screen shot as I am not in front of SAP now.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Attached screenshots for reference.

Sales Order

Invoice

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to sale order condition tab, click on Analysis and again doube click on ZR16.  What is the message you could see.  Also have a look at the following notes:-

• Note 74794 - Maximum condition basis in billing document
  • Note 88625 - Maximum condition base value in billing document (2)

I strongly feed, some changes have happened in sale order like quantity or price which is causing this issue, whereas in the other sale order, no such changes would have taken place.  This is assuming that in both the cases, pricing procedure remains the same. You can cross check whether any pricing change has happened by double clicking the condition tab so that system will take you to a screen where you can see a tab "Control".

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

No changes seen in the Pricing procedure and sales orders except for the Max Base Value as 'X' for Sales Orders of correct invoice and "Y" for sales orders of incorrect invoices. Faced this issue earlier with domestic invoices alone, then encountered this with export invoices also.

Regards,

Madhavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the inputs friends. Issue resolved. It was because of a program error and can be resolved using SAP Note 927870.

Regards,

Madhavan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Madhavan  a bit confused

If Max.cond.base value is set as 1 for ZR16 condition type, the value for ZR16 will be considered only for the 1st quantity for that item. All subsequent quantities for that item will not be considered

Here if we maintain Max.condition value it will consider whole sales order Not 1st line item

And there is no interaction with copy control here only with pricing

Please check Condition index is activated or not in v/06

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venu Gopal,

Thanks for the input. Initially Condition index was not activated in that cond type. I tried the same scenario after enabling Condition index, but still face the same issue. Please suggest some solution.

Regards,

Madhavan