Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CLM - UWL Integration

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello SCN Members,

I want to Integrate SAP Sourcing Notifications into Portal UWL. Is there any Standard SAP procedure or any custom development in order to acehive the functionality. If there is a custom development, could you please let me know the procedure to do ti.

Thanks,

SCN Member

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amey,

Thanks for your response. As mentioned by you do i need to create the above folders src.api and all manually. Also one more thing, my NWDS version is 7.3. In NWDS 7.3 there is no UWL Connector Plugin available. Without UWL Connector all these folders how to create manually or do u have any step by step doc where to create these files and folders in the DC.

Thanks,

Sankar

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry one more correction, my NWDS version is 7.4

Amey-Mogare
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sankar,

I use NWDS7.3 and UWL Connector Plugin isn't available in there.

I also have installed NWDS7.0 from my previous project so I created my first UWL Connector DC there and then just copied source files from NWDS7.0 to NWDS7.3's DC.

Please check if you can use this trick.

Thanks & Regards,

Amey Mogare

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I did the trick told by you. But i could not find UWL API for 7.3 and also iam not finding JAR Files in 7.3. Do i need to copy the JAR files as well from 7.0 and then import it into the current NWDS 7.3, if tht is done the same JAR Files has to be maintained in Server as well right ?

Thanks,

Sankar

Amey-Mogare
Contributor
0 Kudos

Two options: -

Option# 1. Copy JARs from old 7.0 Portal and create a external lib DC in NWDS7.4

Option# 2.  (which i followed) Add SC dependency UWL-JCF to your NWDI track, it will resolve all classes needed for a custom UWL connector.

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amey,

Same think i did it.

1. But it could not able to find "Location" seems like some JARs are still missing.

2. Do u have all the list of missing JAR files which will be helfpful for this project.

3. Also is the same supported by SAP in Netweaver 7.4, do u have any idea on this.

4. is it possible to share the Project structure

5. How do i get .dtd file. When i created in 7.0 connector project, i have not got this .dtd file.

Thanks,

Sankar

Amey-Mogare
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sankar,

Adding  UWLJCF SC dependency to the track solves all UWL related classes.

Are you facing import problem in class "Location"? If yes, then its part of standard SAP SC "tc/logging". Kindly add it to your DC.

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amey,

Sorry man. Thanks for helping me and also for your continous response.

Forgot to tell in my previous reply to you. We dont have NWDI in our Project. Yes as you rightly said iam facing import problem.

Steps done so far:

1. I created a UWL Connector Project in 7.0

2. imported the same project in 7.3 SP12.

3. After i saw uwl service api, prtapi and other errors.

4. I created a lib folder and placed uwl service api and prt api is already available

5. I build the project.

6. Now i see this location error and few more errors.

When i read the UWL Connector API documents, I see 2 jar file names(idom.jar and rome-0.6.jar). Apart from these JAR's, is there any JAR's still i need to add. If you have the list, tht would be easy for me to proceeed further.

After everything is done, Can i make EAR file and deploy it and see whether it is working fine or not ?.

Thanks,
Sankar

Amey-Mogare
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sankar,

You're welcome and no problem. 🙂

Oh, so you don't have NWDI! 😞

About import issues, we have to locate corresponding JAR files from Portal server.

About deployment, you may try to deploy compiled EAR file using "Deployment Perspective" of NWDS7.4. (but I never tried to create & deploy a local project in NWDS 7.4, especially a PAR project as PAR files are no more existent in EP7.1 onwards. We work only in DCs).

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Amey,

I could able to create it in 7.0 and migrate to 7.3 and deployed the custom connector in 7.4 Server. And now i could able to see the Custom Connector while iam creating the "NewSystemConnection" in UWL by providing System Alias and Custom Connector. Now i have a doubt. After i created the System Connection, i am not getting an option to register it. How do i get an option to register ? Action column is blank without register button in UWL. Also one more thing wht will be my next step to receive notifications into UWL. Could you please guide me here

Amey-Mogare
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sankar,

Sorry for late reply. I was away from work for few weeks.

Could you please share a screenshot of the screen you are talking about?

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amey,

I have raised a different thread in this regard for the error. Could you please check tht thread and help us in the issue.

Amey-Mogare
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sankar,

I believe, in such developer forums, the useful help/comments from forum members should be well recognized with proper reward points.

Many of my replies in this thread have helped you a lot. Hence, it would be ok if you grant at least 'helpful answer' points to me.

Thanks & Regards,

Amey Mogare

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amey,

Thanks a lot for helping me in the overall solution. I am actually caught up with few more issues while consuming the RESTful Webservice in this Custom UWL Connector and could not able to concentrate much on this.

We are having authentication problems there.

Thanks,

Sankar

Amey-Mogare
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sankar,

Are you connecting to a RESTful web service with some technical user/pw?

How are you calling this web service from your connector code?

Thanks & Regards,

Amey Mogare

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Amey-Mogare
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sankar,

In NWDS, a custom UWL Connector is a DC of type "Enterprise Portal / Portal Application Standalone [sap.com]".

Create  such DC in your NWDS and prepare following kind of folder structure: -

DC

src.api

package containing an interface that extends IService

src.core

package containing: -

1. ItemActionHandler.java

2. Main connector class that implements IProviderConnector

3. class that implements interface declared in src.api

dist

PORTAL-INF

classes

uwl_yourconnectorname_configuration.xml

portalapp.xml

You have to write business logic to fetch tasks inside "getItems()" method of main connector class.

I referred to below thread while developing custom connectors: -

http://help.sap.com/javadocs/nwce/ce71/uw/UWL%20Custom%20Connector%20API.pdf