cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution manager sp12 direct installation

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to do SolMan 7.1 installation. I guess we need to install the SolMan 7.1 with default SP04 and need to upgrade the SP level to latest one using SUM Tool which is quite time consuming. last week has released SP12 for SolMan.

Would like to know if the SolMan SP12 is direct installation??

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

A.Sithanandan 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member186845
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

Indeed, it is not possible installing Solution Manager 7.1 SP12 directly.
As you all noticed, the 70SWPM has only the option to install the Solution Manager 7.1 SR1, which is SP09.

In order to confirm this information, you can read SAP note below:

330104 - Transportrequests used for language delivery // SRx

Solution-Manager 7.1 SR1:

Material Numbers / Available Languages:

51042608: DVD

LANG: ZH, KO, AR, HE, CS, DE, EN, FR, HU; IT, JA, DA, PL, ZF, NL, PT, RU, ES, TR

Language Transport Names:

SAPKL<ISO>71SR1SOLMANX0 ..X9  exchange export DE and EN

SAPKL<ISO>71SR1SOLMANF0 ..F9  for all languages (full+upg)

SAP Solution Manager 7.1 SR1 includes:

SAP_ABA 702: SAPKA70209

SAP_BASIS 702: SAPKB70209

PI_BASIS 702: SAPK-70209INPIBASIS

ST-PI 2008_1_700: SAPKITLRD5

SAP_BS_FND 702: SAPK-70207INSAPBSFND

SAP_BW 702: SAPKW70209

SAP_AP 700: SAPKNA7026

WEBCUIF 701: SAPK-70106INWEBCUIF

BBPCRM 701: SAPKU70106

BI_CONT 706: SAPK-70602INBICONT

CPRXRPM  500_702: SAPK-50005INCPRXRPM

ST 710: SAPKITL704

ST-BCO 710: SAPK-71002INSTBCO

SOCO 101: SAPK-10101INSOCO

ST-A/PI 01N_700SOL : SAPKITAS1H

ST-ICO 150_700: SAPK-1507VINSTPL

ST-SER 701_2010_1: SAPKITLOSA

The note above shows the standard components and versions delivered during a fresh installation SAP system. You can find the information for several systems.

Therefore, after fresh installing the system using SWPM, you should go to MOPZ, generate a stack.xml and then run SUM to update the system to SP12.

Regards,

Henrique Girardi

SAP Active Global Support

-------------------------------------

#2081285 - How to enter good search terms to an SAP search?

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2081285

SWPM Troubleshooting documents:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-62646

former_member204080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Henrique,

Is it same procedure for solman 7.1 SP13 as well if we are installing fresh system.

1.Install solman 7.1 SR1 using SWPM ( we will have solman 7.1 SP4 after this ST 710: SAPKITL704)

2.Generate stack file for SP13

3.upgrade to SP13 using SUM

Regards,

Murali

former_member186845
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Murali,

Exactly, this is the same case.

As you can see in my previous post, SWPM deliver the Solution Manager 7.1 SR1 with SAP_BASIS 702 SP12 and ST 710 SP04.

SUM tool is required to apply the latest version of Solution Manager.
Solution Manager 7.1 SR1 will not change and it will always deliverer this version.

Regards,

Henrique Girardi

SAP Active Global Support

hendrikweise
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Better yet would be these notes:

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/774615 - Support Package levels of ERP/ECC installations/upgrades

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/789220 - Support Package levels for SAP NetWeaver installations/upgrades

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/781448 - Support Package levels for SAP Solution Manager installations/upgrades

They show you what SP level you end up after a fresh installation. Gets  updated with every

new release of an installation export on the Marketplace.

former_member204080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for the suggestions

Could you also please give me link for solman 7.1 SR1 installation guide for Windows+MS SQL

And any pre-req notes to be checked before starting installation

Regards,

Murali

hendrikweise
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Dear Murali

the guide is here:

https://websmp107.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001402102012E

If you can't open, follow service.sap.com/instguides and select the Netweaver 7.0 based

installation guide.

Relevant  notes are mentioned in the guide itself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Where can I find some documentation about SP12 direct installation ?

I have checked installation guide, SAP Note 1577909 & Unified Consumption Experience

but this is not clear.

Is it really possible to make a fresh install with SP12 directly without a SUM ?

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kamil,

Thank you for your link. But it's concerning only SAP Solution Manager 7.1 SR1.

This is not relevant to SP12.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

Are you able to do direct installation to SP12?

Please update as we are in the same situation?

Best Regards,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vinay,

I'm always in the same situation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

A reply from SAP :

10.02.2015 - 11:30:32 CET - Réponse by SAP  

Hello,
it's not possible to install the SAP Solution Manager SP12 directly.
You need to go the described way to first instal SR1
and then use the SUM for the upgrade to SP12.
Currently there is no official statement when the SAP Solution Manager
7.1 SR2 will be availaible. So I couldn't tell you when it's will be
available also internally there is no information when and if it will
be released. We also wait for that kind of installation.

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think it's about time SAP should ship SM 7.1 SR2 with SP12 considering the fact that nobody uses SP04 anymore.

My $0.02

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I try to use the following command

./sapinst SAPINST_STACK_XML=/sapcd/SP12_51048401/DATA/SPS12_stack.xml

but the installation opens normally

Do i need to do something else ?

I try to do a installation but he never ask me the SP12 folder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

look Snote 1577909:

3. Update of SAP Solution Manager 7.1 SR1 (installation)

• After you have installed your SAP Solution Manager 7.1, you must update the system to the current SAP Solution Manager 7.1 stack before you continue to configure the system further.
  • For the update to the current SAP Solution Manager 7.1 stack, you require the following:
    • Software Update Manager (SUM) 1.0 SP09 Patch 2 or higher
    • The latest SAP Solution Manager 7.1 stack kernel
    • The latest SAP Solution Manager 7.1 ABAP stack
    • The latest SAP Solution Manager 7.1 Java stack
  • Load the current SAP Solution Manager 7.1 stack DVD from the SWCenter on SAP Service Marketplace.
    • Installations and Upgrades -> Browse our Download Catalog -> SAP Technology Components -> SAP Solution Manager -> SAP Solution Manager 7.1 -> Installation and Ugrade -> [OS version] -> [DB version]

51047130 SAP Solution Manager 7.1 SPS 10
    • The DATA directory on this DVD contains an XML file, the current ABAP stack, and the current Java stack.
  • Load the relevant current SAP Solution Manager 7.1 stack kernel from the SWCenter on SAP Service Marketplace.
  • Start SUM for the update.
    • In the roadmap extraction, you are prompted to provide all required files in the download directory of your update.
Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, /sapcd/SP12_51048401/DATA/SPS12_stack.xml is the XML contains in the SP12 DVD.

My question is how to directly install SP12 (what is the procedure), not where is the XML file

If you execute the SUM, this is not a direct installation because you need to create user, configure STMS, ...

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You may also check SAP note 1577909

madasamy_arunachalam
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Refer Marketplace, new installation media comes with SP12 itself & it is straight forward  one step installation (for SP12)

regards

Swami

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

please refer to the installation guide following this below

- http://service.sap.com/instguides

- SAP Components

- SAP Solution Manager

- Release 7.1

-  Installation guide

Best Regards
Jai

Former Member
0 Kudos

They isn't a Installation Guide for Solution Manager.

Guides for System Provisioning (Installation, System Copy, System Rename) for SAP Solution Manager 7.1 SR1

Use the guides for SAP Systems Based on the Application Server ABAP+Java of SAP NetWeaver 7.0 on <Your Operating System> : <Your Database> at Software Logistics Toolset 1.0 at Documentation à System Provisioning.

https://websmp208.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001389072012E/Inst_NW70X_bsd_Syst_SWPM10.htm

hasanajsh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madasamy Arunachalam and everybody here,

Have you been able to install using these files?

SWPM asks for EXPORT 1&2, which are SPS4.

Can anybody explain if those SPS12 can be used to directly patch to SP12 MOPZ should be configured for this?

Regards,

Shkelzen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure if direct installation is possible...

hasanajsh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, nobody is here.

I hope could shed some light on this.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

The  there is no way you can direct install to  SP12  ,,  first when you do installation using SWPM you will get  SP04

And  after that  you need to have these bundle for SP12 upgrade  Note : this have all required JAVA and ABAP stack ,,   please use  SUM tool for upgrade which is the handy one

As I have done that for many customer.

Best Regards
Jai Wardhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have read the article about Unified Cosumption Experience :

Unified consumption experience :

–In order to ease the initial installation of a new system combined with the update to a higher support package, unified consumption experience is introduced

–As a result, software provisioning manager can consume a stack.xml created in the course of this eased procedure, pre-filtering product versions according to the changes planned in the Landscape Planner : Landcape Planner

Is anybody have tried to use that ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Would like to know if the SolMan SP12 is direct installation??

it is posible. please use swpm for solman installation, it leads you for all the needed software, it helps to install and also update the system to the latest release, it is by

follow the latest inst guide using swpm available and media list here

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jansi,

Thank for your answer but can you be more specific ?

I have used the 70SWPM (see capture) but when i need to select the stack I can only install SR1 (= Solution Manager 7.1 SP4)

I have read in SAP Note ( http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1577909 ) that a SUM is necessary.

It is really possible to install directly Solution Manager to SP12 (Fresh install) ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi   and all,

I now with SAP, bit busy, couldnt able to track it on, thanks for bring into attention.

Let me explain on other way.

if you are following your existing methods, you need to install the system at the begining using SWPM and register the system in solution manager and get the another stack xml for update, then proceed update with sum .

But now with this UCE and landscape planner you can get the stack xml in advance, hence you can proceed your installation wit swpm and finish your post installation activiy and you can use sum for upgrade, no need to register again in mopz for stack xml, sup uses the delta stack xml already received before.

with the help of Unified Consumption Experience you can optimize the install and upgrade procedure. either or the case, you need SUM. since you now proceed immediate after the installation, it can be consider as install+update together,

please proceed.

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

I Installed SWPM from market place and I don't see regular Solution manager option there to start the instillation, I found only one option and that is not the option I was expecting: Should I install older version of SWPM.

SAP Solution manager 7.1 Powered by SAP HANA ABAP

I wanted to use Solman to update SPS and apply EHP's in my  future GRC and NW 7.3 ECC system.  What is the easiest and convenient way to install Solman and what version should I install.  I'm running Windows 2008 server on the VM with MS SQL 2008 database.  Just installed two instances NW 7.3, one will be GRC box and another one would be ECC system.

Please suggest me the right path to accomplish my requirement because the only reason I need to install Solman is to configure optimizer and apply SPS and EHP's on my NW system's using SolMan.

Please advice?

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

Faisal

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use the media is that suggested and available in SMP and patch your system once your system in built. Since after a fresh install, there is nothing customized in your system, SPS update would be an hassle free job.

Regards,

Divyanshu