cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during validating Project Mgmt Templ. in Item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am working with PPM 5.0 and facing an issue while creating a Project from Project template that is assigned to an Item type. In Item detail screen, when I click on "Create Project on saving" check-box and select a particular Project Template, I am getting message "Error during validation of Project management template".

Following are the IMG activities I have done:

(1) Define Portfolio Item type:

- Link to Project system = Portfolio and Project Management

- NoAutoPro = " "

(2) Map Item type to Project Templates:

- Item type to Project template = I have mapped two Project Mgmt templates to one Item type

- Item type to Project type = mapped accordingly

(3) In Base System Interfaces -> Application Object Settings -> Define Object Link Types:

- For all 0RPM* objects, I have mentioned Logical and Destination system as newly created Logical system which is already assigned to system client.

After doing these settings also I am facing the above mentioned error.

Can anyone please guide me where I am going wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anuradha_majumdar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

Have you released the project template?

I hope you have mapped DP and phases also in customising.

Regards,

Anuradha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anuradha,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, Project template is released and I have mapped each DP to Project template phase. Also, I have maintained Phase type and Task type in all template Phases and Tasks. Despite of all these settings, I am getting same error message. However, I can create Project from Project management using same template.

I am not sure where am I missing something.

Just one question, I have mentioned destination system as logical system only in all Object types - Is it correct?

anuradha_majumdar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Destination should be NONE as they are in the same box.

Actually I haven't given anything for logical system or destination for 0RPMCPPROJECT_T and it is working fine.

For PS integration I have given logical system and destination.

Regards,

Anuradha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anuradha,

Thank you for the reply.

It's working perfectly fine now.

Best,

Aditya

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

You can also have a check on the object link settings, details in the below thread where similar issue is reported.

Regards,
Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks a ton for that quick reply and helpful link.

I checked the referred post and when I looked back into my system for Object link types and the grouping, I found it pretty messed up. Actually, this is IDES system and somehow due to some reason the mapping of Object link type grouping is jumbled (I feel).

Can you please look at the screenshot below and tell me whether I need to change anything in below mentioned settings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Considering above mentioned Object link grouping, I also made the changes in DFM.

Following is the screenshot showing same. Unfortunately still no luck.

<< Object type setting >>

<< DFM settings for obj synchronization >>

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked the settings of DFM customizing. System says it is perfect. Still in Item details when I click on Create Project on save, it says same error.

Can anyone please reply on my query.

This is a bit urgent requirement for me.

Thanks.