cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R3trans -d Unable connect on one node of the MSCS with MS SQL

Former Member
0 Kudos

4 ETW000  [     dev trc,00000]  ERROR: -1 in function SQLConnectWithRetry (SQLConnectWithRetry) [line 2460]

4 ETW000                                                                                                3512  0.115991

4 ETW000  [     dev trc,00000]  (18452) [28000] [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]Login failed. The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with Windows authentication.

4 ETW000                                                                                                  31  0.116022

4 ETW000  [     dev trc,00000]  Connection 0 failed using Driver={SQL Server Native Client 11.0};Server=D30-DB;AutoTranslate=no;Trusted_Connection=yes;WSID=Hostname ;APP=R3 00 comm rd ODBC;Database=DBSID;

4 ETW000                                                                                                  33  0.116055

4 ETW000  [    dblink  ,00000]  ***LOG BY2=>sql error 18452  performing CON                            20456  0.136511

4 ETW000  [    dblink  ,00000]  ***LOG BY0=>Login failed. The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with Windows authentication.

4 ETW000                                                                                                  42  0.136553

2EETW169 no connect possible: "DBMS = MSSQL                            ---  SERVER = 'DBHOST' DBNAME = 'DBSID'"

Kindly help on this ASAP if any one has seen this issue.

On the other node the connections works fine.

We are unable to perform any transports when we move the app to this node.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ggavara
Explorer
0 Kudos

I faced similar issue, I was not able to connect from additional app server to SQL cluster db.

I have installed SQL native client, downloaded the CD 51051069\SqlNativeClient\msodbcsql.msi .

After SQL native client install connection was successful.

madasamy_arunachalam
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Is there any changes happened for hosts file entries ?;

4ETW000   dev trc,00000]  (18452) [28000] [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]Login failed. The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with Windows authentication.

This error looks like, the hosts file entries are not correct or mismatching between node A and node B. Check this note, its not Cluster specific environment/node but can be followed for the troubleshooting purposes;

regards

Swami

Former Member
0 Kudos

Swami,

These are not virtual hosts they are physical.

Regards

Vivek

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Then how you are using the MSCS? Could you share details?

BR

SS

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check login ID and password.

If that is fine. Then try this.

Goto SQL system and set "Access this computer from network" Policy under Local Security Policy -> Local Policies -> User Rights Assignment -> Access this computer from network

Or make this account trusted to SQL server and correct permissions.

Divyashu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Divyanshu,

Can you be little clear on this where do I have to go on the system.

I am able to logon using SIDADM but when I run R3trans -d it does show those errors as I mentioned.

Kindly be little too clear where in system I have to check.

Regards

Vivek

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Divyanshu

The first option didn't work.

Let me know how do I set that as trusted account on SQL as this is a domain user.

Regards

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Divyanshu,

None worked for me.

Let me know if you have any other solution.

Regards

Vivek

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In that case, please explain your scenario, which host is not able to connect to DB node and how they are connected ?

Did you try basic network test ? and upload full R3trans -d logs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Divyanshu,

We have MSCS on one node the R3trans -d responds correctly and on other node it doesn't.

As of now both DB and App are the node where R3trans -d fails.

I did check all the environment variable on both nodes they are identical.

Even the security setting which you told are same.

All I see from trans.log was the above error.

Regards

Vivek

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A very simple quest I asked you - did you went with some basic network test like ping and telnet ?

Was the call successful ?

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek

1.  Presently one of the node hold the DB & SAP groups to service all you end-users ?

2. In another Node is not connect to DB?

BR

SS