cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Terms of Payment Requirement

0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

We have different Terms of Payment  as per the Customer, Ex. we have terms of payment i, e. for particular customer and its working or calculate as per the our sap system but for Customer calculate days of terms of payment as the when he receive the Bill....from our side we are right and from side of customer he is also right...we calculates days as per the SAP-System and customer calculate days as per the once he receive the bill.

Now management taken decision how we calculate this things in sap even also in report because EX....if terms of payment of customer is like 20% at the time of booking and rest at amt. after 30 days....now we enter order and did it billing  same day now we received 20% same day and rest amt. will be after 30 days but our sap system starts date calculation from today and if customer will receive bill after 10 days then after he will calculate from that day.

how we track and what exactly solution in sap i dont know so please provide me solution for how we track in Terms of payment and also in report.

So expert please provide me the solution on it.

Regards,

Abhijeet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Abhijit,

Have you tried the option of Additional value days in Pricing or at transaction level.

What was the outcome..Update us..

we can try POD as suggested by JOAO SOUSA--But cannot be applicable--if the time duration between Delivery & billing is more (as per agreed terms of customer & business)

As suggested,Can you keep the Posting Block??

Small Note:I feel comfortable only with my name Phanikumar.

(adding SIR will be suitable only to legends like Lakshmipathiji & Mr Jurgen)

(i dont have the capacity  or knowledge of carrying such words which weighs in Tons)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
 but for Customer calculate days of terms of payment as the when he receive the Bill..

Does it mean that your client despatches hard copy of billing documents to their end customer?

G. Lakshmipathi

0 Kudos

yes sir but some customers hard copy and soft copy also but not all

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes sir but some customers hard copy and soft copy also but not all

If it is soft copy--then the days calculated will be of No-Problem.

Currently,How you are differentiating the customers that for some customers soft copy,some others only hard Copy...(Pl provide us clarity here)

""""" Ex. we have terms of payment i, e. for particular customer and its working or calculate as per the our sap system but for Customer calculate days of terms of payment as the when he receive the Bill...."""""""

Are you sure of this requirement???

Business can never postpone the invoices(in particular the payments) based on Customer Working days...

Have you tried with Additional value days option for your Pricing conditions...

Pl update us...

Phanikumar

0 Kudos
Dear Phani Sir,

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is mainly a business problem since you can't have invoices that change their due date overtime.

You basically have an invoice posted in accounts receivable that has no due date until the customer receives the goods which may be after 2-3 days (or more).

That is unmanageable from an accounting point of view. I would be curious to know the stance of your audit team on the matter.

For these types of scenarios you should be probably use Proof of Delivery since what happens is that the customer doesn't accept a payment term that starts before he receives the goods, and that makes sense. In this scenario you bill after the customer confirms he received the goods.

Another dubious option is to block the automatic posting of the FI document document (very dubious, I don't recommend it). That way the SD document stays in VFX3 until the customer receives the goods, and you can use the base date as the creation date.

former_member220617
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Abhijeet ,

this payment collection is related to FICO and SD integration ,

As per your scenario you can go through the below setting which will calculate the date from the posting date , that means billing document created and accounting posted date .

please let me know if this input is not sufficient and also discuss with your FICO team for further assistance.

Regards,

C.B Reddy

0 Kudos

ok sir will do it and after that will reply.

Thanks