cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UDF and imported Archives

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We've created two classes in a package and created a jar file. Then we imported the JAR into the a namespace as an Imported Archive. In our UDF we imported the package. But when we test the map we get the following exception.

<b>bad class file: /usr/sap/XXX/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/server0/./temp/classpath_resolver/Map85e140e0dd6c11db8894001125a5ce17/classpath/CustomExceptionHandlers_0(xxx/xx/xi/mapping/udf/MyTestClass.class) class file has wrong version 49.0, should be 48.0 Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory of the classpath.</b>

Does anyone have an idea on the cause of this error?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi...

i had a similar problem some days back.....

while making jar, pls compile the java file with a jdk having a same or lower version of jre that ur JAVA stack is using.....and BETTER test it outside XI in a standalone programme to see that the JAR is working fine and all classes are in proper hierarchy...

pardon me...........for mistakes

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for your inputs. I had just installed 1.5 for another application we are using; but the XI 3.0 environment is using 1.4. When we imported the jar which was created with 1.5 into XI the version conflict occured.

Thanks again...

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gilder,

The same problem was solved here

Java 1.4 creates class files labeled with version 48.0

Java 1.5 creates class files labeled with version 49.0

Java 1.4 can't run class files labeled with version 49.0

49 is the correct classfile version for 1.5.

If you're getting this error your runtime is 1.4 or earlier while your compiler is 1.5.

Hope it helps u out

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gilder,

It is complaining about the wrong versions. Why dont you recreate the jar files and reimport the archives and check?

---Satish