cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop material description changed after changing customer on SO

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have updated material description on a SO. However after changing the Sold-to, the material description refreshed back to original.

Anyone knows how to stop system to change material description back to default?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In standard SAP when we change sold to party in sale order system redetermine prices and taxes but this is new thing for me that system also redetermines material description. Amitesh Anand I have also chcked this in my system and material description is getting changed after changing the customer.

Field is VBAP-ARKTX and you can ask your ABAPER to write the code in userexit MV45AFZZ and 

USEREXIT_PRICING_PREPARE_TKOMP. I have checked this system is calling this exit. Give it a try and update the status.

Thank$

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its really interesting that in some cases it is changing the description and in others , it is not.

Earlier I tried by creating a sales Order and after completion of SO (before saving), I changed the Sold to Party again, so I was doing it in VA01, system was not re-detrmining the material text.

After going through Moazzam reply, I checked it again, and this time I changed the Sold To Party in VA02. Ineterstingly system is re-determining the material description again, so it is standard functionality of SAP.

So as suggested earlier, try using the User Exit for keeping the same Material Text.

Regards,

Amitesh Anand

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As long as you don't maintain CMIR, I dont think, system will force the material description when you change the Sold To. There is no link between Sold To and Material Description other than CMIR

G. Lakshmipathi

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

System will always re-read the data once sold to party is changed at SO level.

Inparticular it will read the data like Plant,Shipping conditions,Taxes & also Texts from CMIR.

If you go with enhancement here--you will not get the required Text in sales order level--even though you maintain at CMIR.

Please be cautious before going for enhancement.

Phanikumar

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked it in my system, and system is not changing the Material Description, if I change the sold to party in Sales Order.

So kindly check at your end, there may be some Exit working which is refreshing the lIne Item, or Material and due to this system is re-determining the material description.

Regards,

Amitesh Anand