Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict user to access report of a specific layout

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

We have a std. CJI3 report. In this report I have created a layout (see screen shot) and I want a user to access only that data of the report which comes with this layout.

Kindly suggest if there is a way to control the access in this way.

I though of creating z-report using call transaction function (to call cji3) and use screen variant for it.. but I dont want to go this way..

Kindly suggest.

Thank You.

Regards

Saurabh

6 REPLIES 6

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Any suggestions please?

Regards

Saurabh

0 Kudos

I think one other way is to utilize Transaction variant for CJI3 via SHD0 tcode. You can hardcode the layout that you want the user to use while recording itself.

0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

I also thought of SHD0. But I doubt that this setting will affect std. CJI3 also.

Kindly confirm.

Regards

Saurabh

former_member374929
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Create User specific variant and save the variant name as U_userid.

Thanks

0 Kudos

That would work nicely, if you also implemented note http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1113939.

However, I doubt this will be enough for CJI3, which has "Free Selections" as well as "Extended Selections" AND DB-Profiles.

0 Kudos

Hi Asheesh,

But this variant can be changed by user during report execution. Do we have any authorization control on variants?

Thanks