cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Material in MDG/Delete UI in MDG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created a rule based workflow(2 step) for CR - DELETE.

The ACTIVATE funcitona is successful however the MATERIAL is not got deleted.

I am not able to see any option to delete the MATERIAL at client, the DELETE (MM06) interface is not available in MDG.

Can somebody pls share if there is any material on "Hot to DELETE a Material" in MDG or how the delete works in MDG.

Regards

Suresh Ravilla

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Delete Material in MDG will not completely delete the material from the data base however, when the

system creates a change request for deleting the chosen material. The change request enters the appropriate workflow and, once approved, results in the material being flagged for archiving in the next archiving run.

You can see the material mark for deletion ->Go in SE11 tcode--> MARA Table-> Mark for deletion flag field LVORM = 'X'.

so, when LVORM  flag field is marked as 'X', it indicates item has been marked for deletion through governance.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Prateek Agarwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prateek,

I am not able to see the interface similar to what we see in MM06.

Do you get options to delete at client level, plant level etc....?

can you share DELETE screen from MDG ?

Best Regards

Suresh Ravilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

The "Mark for Delete" functionality offers more than what is in MM06. You can delete multiple objects together. See the following screenshot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Abdullah, i never realized that we have all the options ...

However "Mark for Delete" is not available in Basic Data view.

Best Regards

Suresh Ravilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

It should be available. You just need to pick the correct "Delete" CR. The regular "Change" CR will not have it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abdullah - I am able to configure the workflow for DELETE and it is working fine for all scenarios. Thanks a lot ..

Best Regards

Suresh Ravilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Im also facing the same issue which you was facing. Did you got the solution for this issue? here I did a custom configuration i.e I created my own deletion screen page by copying the standard one and then I assigned my page to the change request ZMAT06 which is similar to the change request MAT06. I am also not getting that mark for deletion field in Basic data.

Answers (0)