Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password expiration prompt from agentry app

former_member197782
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

1. Can we prompt the password expiration of the application from agentry app side. Is there any standard functionality available from agentry side if not can we customize this functionality.

2. Can we change/reset the password from agentry app (in device) because I don't want to reset the password from SAP GUI.

As I know there is a button in agentry client V6.0.44 i.e "change password". But when ever I tried to change password using this option it is giving "RFC_LOG ON_FAILURE" until I reset it from SAP GUI.

Why it is behaving like this..What is recommended and better way of resetting the password (from SAP side / from Agentry side).

Please suggest me.

Thanks & Regards,

Roopa.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member197782
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

With an extension to the above post please find the below screen shots.

1. When I try to sync the device unfortunately the password was expired and prompted the following.

2. I tried to change the password using the "Change Password" option as below

3. I have entered the old password and the new password after thet it is giving the following error

What might be the problem for this. I am using Agentry v6.0.44..We have observed that this scenario is working fine in ATE.

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance,

Swaroopa.

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Swaroopa,

Password change functionality should work the same way whether it is from ATE or Mobile device.  Can you make sure that your  not changing  user password "initial password" for the first time.  I have seen issues while trying to  change initial password for the 1st time. For some reason it doesn't work.   Can you make sure that it is not the scenario with  Mobile device.

Thanks

Manju.

former_member197782
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manju,

Thanks for the reply. I am not changing the password for the first time it was already changed many times from the ECC side after some expiration period. Now I want to change it from the device whenever the expiration prompt appear.

When I am trying to change the password from device I am entering the following

Old password: Previous password with which I have connected to app

New Password: New password with which I want to connect with the app.

But this password reset is not successful from the device until reset the password from the SAP GUI.

And also is there any possibility to prompt / warn the users from device regarding this password expiration.

like i.e, Your password will expire in 'X' days

Please suggest.

Thanks & Regards,

Roopa

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Roopa,

Can you confirm what version of Work Manager are you using ?  if your using WM 6.1 then  password change is not supported from WPF client.

Check OSS note 2017941 -  Release restrictions note for SAP Work Manager 6.1.

In theory it should be possible to  implement functionality to  warn users regarding password expiry but you have to carefully review requirements , use cases  or any technical issue that you  might run into even before you start making changes.  Key things to note are.

a) Expiration Date on Mobile device has to be sync  with SAP data.

b) What if user has not synched  for a long time - Then your validation is not going to work.

Possible  changes I think of are :

1)  Storing or  having password expiration date on Mobile client for each user   -  Can be through  data table / complex table or enhancing existing MDO object SWM61_CORE_USER_PROFILE.

2) Once password expiration date is available on the mobile client for given user.  Look at possible ways to implement  warning  about  possible password expiration date.

I hope it answers your question.

Thanks

Manju.

former_member197782
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manju,

Thanks for your reply and sorry for my delayed response on this.

I will check with the possibilities of warning the user for password expiration from the device.

But my initial concern is to reset the password from the device (IPAD)

My Work Manager Version is: 5.3

Agentry Client Version is: V6.0.46

Agentry Server Version is: V6.0.38.

I have a doubt that, this problem might be with client version.. Is this is a correct assumption? Please suggest.

If not, please let me know what are the possible reasons for this "Password change Failed" error in IPAD.

I have tried many scenarios. But couldn't get any positive results.

Please guide me to resolve this.

Thanks & Regards,

Swaroopa

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I'm not aware of  any issues related to any particular Agentry client version for password change.  Try if you can change password from other Agentry clients or ATE.  if you think it is only issue with particular iOS client then I would encourage you to open OSS message .

Can you  enable detail logging on Agentry server side and check ?.  Sometimes log files can throw more light  on the issue  your having.

Thanks

Manju.

former_member197782
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response. Yes we have tried to change the password from ATE and there the password change is successful and in agentry 6.0.40 version version also password change is working fine.

But in agentry 6.0.46 version this functionality is not working. Please suggest

We have already raised a OSS on this..

Thanks & Regards,

Swaroopa.

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Swaroopa,

Since you have already have open ticket with Support team. I would suggest  you to go with their suggestion.

Thanks,

Manju.