cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

assigning material components to activity w/o a reservation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please tell me can we assign material components to N/W activities without generating a Reservation.

If yes please tell me how.

Regards,

Rao

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

I hope you have received sufficient answers from the team.

Reservation number you mean which is getting created at the back ground for both stock and non-stock components, irrespective of item category, system should not create the reservation number.

If this is the case, this is Standard SAP, i dont think you can restrict it,

Below referred from earlier post in SCN.

SAP Standard system creates a reservation number for every order created by default. You can check in the view VIAUFKS for any order which does not have a single component.

When you add any component to the order in the component tab, the reservation number and reservation item number is assigned to the component line item - The combination of both is the key which you can further see in the RESB table.

Whether this is a stock or a non stock item or a text material, a reservation number will get be available.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Thanks for your suggestions/information.

Regards,

Rao

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, check Material Procurement Indicator (OPS8) settings and do the changes accordingly. Its better to copy the standard one to new material procurement indicator.

Regards.

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Tried but system is generating the reservation number and PR number.

My requirement is that "No reservation Number should be generated when i am assigning the Mat.Component.

Please suggest me on this...

The scenario is like this, i will procure Raw materials in Project and issue those materials to Production Order.

So to procure Raw materials in Project, I am assigning the Mat.Components to activities-->MRP-->PR-->PO-->GRN-->Issue against Order.

So in this scenario the reservations. which are created by system at the time of Mat.Components are not using anyway. So that is the reason i want to avoid creation of Reservations.

So please guide me on this.

Regards,

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not able to understand why system is issuing reservation in your case because I have also checked on my development client and its working fine. Anyways, I copied the standard one PEV into new one.

Could you please provide the screen shot of OPS8.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank u for your replies...

Again i check with the std.one PEV, but system is generating PR in this time.

So please tell me is there any method to avoid creating Reservation/PR while adding the material component to the N/W Activiy.

Reagrds,

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

So to procure Raw materials in Project, I am assigning the Mat.Components to activities-->MRP-->PR-->PO-->GRN-->Issue against Order.

So please tell me is there any method to avoid creating Reservation/PR while adding the material component to the N/W Activiy.

Are you clear about what your requirement exactly is? You are posting contradictory statements in each of your posts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with GokulKrishnan Pillai. Yes, you are posting contradictory statements. At first glance, even I also thought that you wanted to have just PR number and not reservation. So, I gave my solution in that way only. Now, you are asking how to avoid PR and Reservation while adding material component to N/W activity.

'

Anyways, if this is really what you need then change the "Res/Purc. Req" setting to "Never" in Network Profile (OPUU). You can directly handle it at the time of attaching material component to N/W Activity. There will be the same field "Res/Purc. Req". Now change it there to "Never". I think you have made it to "Immediately" as of now. In addition to this, keep relevant changes pertaining to OPS8 too.

Regards,

Amit Rajoria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

As per my requirement, system should not create any Reservation/PR at the time of BOM transfer.

It should be happen only after MRP run.

I think now you are clear about the scenario. So please tell me can we achieve this...

Regards,

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

BOM Transfer ..? Please ignore my latest solution. I again got confused because I thought you wanted to avoid PR and Reservation number while attaching material component to N/W Activity. Furthermore, I request you to use proper tag line while posting the query which is relevant to your problem. "Assigning material component to activity w/o reservation" is no way near to BOM transfer and forum members could not have understood it properly unless you would have posted it like you did it now.

I am wondering how system is issuing PR/Reservation at the time of BOM transfer because I hardly feel that CN33 does that. You must have got your PR/Reservation before BOM transfer i.e at the time of attaching material component to N/W activity.

Regards,

Amit

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check OPS8 configuration and check the procurement indicator settings for stock item.Change them accordingly to work the way you want.

PS: Check in testing server.

Thanks