cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing valid from Date in MDG Finance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a valid edition say E1 that has the validity of 08.08.2014 to 31.12.9999. We have assigned few master data objects (Cost centers, profit centers etc) into this edition. Now we have to change only the Valid from date (say to 10.10.2014) of few cost centers that are part of the edition E1. How do we achieve this? I tried creating a new edition say E2 that has the validity of 10.10.2014 and tried including into it. However I see even after including the cost centre into the new Edition E2 the cost centre still shows as having validitity E1.

Please help.

Regards,

Ponraj M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ponraj

You have to release the edition 1 - i.e E1 first. Then create a new edition E2 with the validity date 10.10.2014. Once you create the new edition, your edition E1 will become absolute and the validity end date will become 09.10.2014. Don't keep 2 editions open.

Kiran    

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for the pointers. Could you please help me on how to release an edition. Does it mean once I create a new edition with the new date my older edition E1 will be released automatically?

Regards,

Ponraj M

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ponraj,

Please select the Edotion Monitor and select the Edition ,change status as shown below.

new edition will have new dates..

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ponraj

There is a option to release the edition in edition monitor. Click on the edition and release it. Before you release edition, make sure that all the CR's are approved. No single CR is in process. Edition release first validate entire data and then releases the edition. Once the edition is released, you can use the new edition and change the data of old edition.

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiram

It depends upon MDG release. In MDG 6.1 there is check box but in case of MDG 7.0 there are Realse types we need to select that, Otherwise in search also we can release it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all inputs. I am running on MDG7.0 and not able to find the edition monitor UI. Could you please guide on how this is achieved in MDG7.0?

Regards,

Ponraj M

Message was edited by: Ponraj Murugesan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ponraj

When you creat first time ( Suppose E1) then you need to select replicate type otherwise we can release edition in edition analysis like below

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ponraj

You can change here as per sceeen snap ( Available in MDG 7.0 and future versions)