cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry - Field alignment errors in Windows client

chris_gray1
Explorer
0 Kudos

I'm running WM6.1 on the 7.03.605 Windows client and I've been unable to find any solution to field values aligning on top while their labels are aligned to the base of the line. This is somewhat noticeable at the default window size and glaringly obvious if the window is maximized on a larger screen such as 1920x1080.

Is there any option other than rebuilding these screens so they have separate label entries floating above the field values?

The screenshot shows how bad this is. I've drawn a red box around two of the fields to show just how much higher they are than their corresponding label.

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Chris,

This happens on all detail screens, or just some of them?

Jason Latko- Senior Product Developer at SAP

chris_gray1
Explorer
0 Kudos

This occurs on all Detail Screens where a label is provided for a field. I have tested the WO, Notification and Operation detail screens on 2 computers with both the current and older version of the WPF client. The issue was present in all cases.

This is not a problem on the screen where Measurement Points are recorded because on that screen the labels are separate fields located above the data fields. I've since tried rebuilding the WO, Notif and Operation screens in this fashion but encountered several issues with the manual assignment of field location. For example, a field manually set at column 50, row 5 would appear at column 50, row 10. I've worked around that but it has left the screens looking...less than optimal.

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Chris,

What are the details of the client devices and OS and resolutions?  We have not seen this here during development of the products.  It must have something to do with the specific resolution or OS.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

chris_gray1
Explorer
0 Kudos

We're using the following devices using 7.03.605 and the previous release.

- Windows 8 laptop running at 1920x1080

- Windows 7 laptop running at 1600x900

- Motion f5 tablet running Windows 7 at 1920x1080

The issue was not especially noticeable at the default window size, though it was present. Users were maximizing the windows to fully utilize the tablet screen space and then the issue was glaring.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

if I remember correctly, the alignment is "correct" for object properties that do not have the "Word Wrap" option checked. A workaround for object properties with "Word Wrap" enabled is the following:

- change the fields object property to :>Main Object>"DummyNoWrap" Property where the DummyNoWrap Property is a String Property that has no "Word Wrap" enabled.

- add an update rule that updates the field with the property you want to display on that field

I do not think this will work on transaction screens, but maybe it covers your problem.

Regards, Daniel

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Yes, that sounds right.  I knew this rang a bell but couldn't remember what the deal was.  If you are just pointing to an object property, you don't need to create an update rule.  You can point directly to the property in the update rule selector.

chris_gray1
Explorer
0 Kudos

So far this seems to work. I'm going to test on more devices to make sure it corrects the issue.

Is there a reason word wrap can not be disabled on the actual properties? Seems like that should only affect the display of the data and it would prevent having to manually correct every single screen.

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Chris,

Good to hear it is working.  Yes, you could do it at the property level for the object or transaction.  That should work also, but they are usually set that way for a reason.  If it doesn't cause any problems elsewhere, then go for it.

chris_gray1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Changing to the 'DummyPropertyNoWrap' property has corrected the issue on our tablet. I checked and can't change it at the object level because many screens are set to use the 'DummyPropertyWrap'.

Thanks for the assist!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glad to be of assistance.

Answers (0)