cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pending Values Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Back in April, informed me that once a pending value has been executed, it's gone for good. Huge bummer but I guess that's the way it is. Does anyone know a way to catch the content of a pending value when you know it's coming? For example, I'm assigning a role to an HCM system. When that assignment is saved in the UI, while the action is processing, that role shows a status of, "Pending" in the user's record. Once the processing is over, the status updates to, "OK" or, such as it is in my case, "Failed". I don't know at what point along that line the pending value is removed but it exists for that time then it's gone. Done anyone know a way you can somehow pull up that pending value and save it's information for the time is exists before IDM deletes it?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

PVOs are deleted when they are applied. There is no entries in mxi_old_values for PVOs because it caused huge amounts of data in IdM 7.1 and we think we improved this in 7.2 where a pretty detailed history is stored in the link audit. The delete event will probably not work as no data is stored in the old_values table. You'd probably have to do it as part of the validate or addmember task.

Br,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, I think gave me the inspiration I needed. I'll just set up a task that kicks off when a new entry of MX_PENDING_VALUE is created to store the contents to a temporary table. This is only a DEV system so doing this won't store the contents of a ton of pending values, only the one that I'm testing at that exact moment. Yes, I know this is exactly what you, Chris, are suggesting. When I saw Tero's post over the weekend, the light went on but I didn't get a chance to get online to make this posty until just now. Thanks all!

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Brandon,

Does the audit history not give you the information you need?

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

At this time, the client I'm working with won't even give me access to their DEV systems so once I am able to get back in, I'll check that out.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

terovirta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brandon,

would a delete event task for mx_pending_value entry type work?

regards, Tero