cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG-F Replication Program USMD_EDITION_REPLICATE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

if I grouped GL account in Chart of Accounts, GL account in CoCo and cost center, cost center group, profit center, profit center group, etc) into one Edition (E1), then I released the edition (E1), will everything included in this edition be replicated into ECC SAP successfully? I understand the GL account related won't becasue it will only be replicated when the valid from date in Edition (E1) has arrived.

Correct?

Thanks,
LUO

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Leo

If you have 1 edition with all the entity type and when you release it, entire data will be replicated to ECC. GL will also get replicated as its part of same edition.

Create separate edition for GL / CC / PC / CE and replicate it as and when required.

Sanjay has already mention that in 7.0 its depends upon replication type.

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran, 

But my experience is that in a FUTURE dated edition (i.e. valid from Jan 1, 2016), GL will not be replicated ever though i have run the replication by object program in data replication.

Regards,

LUO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Speaking about data replication function, there are three function 1) "replication by object", 2) "replication by model" and 3) run program USMD_EDITION_REPLICATE". Will all 3 programs generate the same results if each of which deals with the same condition?

Regards,

LUO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luo

It is possible to manually/automatically  replicate future edition also and replicated GL account shows valid from data as Jan 1,2016

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sanjay,

Then it doesn't make any sense because GL is not a time dependant object in ECC. As long as it come over into ECC SAP, it can be used right away for FI posting.

then what this future dated Edition really do vs past dated vs current dated? I don't get it.

it makes sense if it is a cost center or profit center as they are time dependant in ECC.

Please help,

LUO

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are correct LUO.

I saw one Demo which is for CC so your logic is correct.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sanjay,

Now can we come back and discuss  -

I have already known about 1) "replication by object", 2) "replication by model". Now I wanted to find out what to do with 3) USMD_EDITION_REPLICATE. This is a ABAP program that can be batch scheduled to do replication. My question is that will all 3 function generate the same results if each of which deals with the data in same condition?

Regards,

LUO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luo

In cases where the target system does not support time dependency for the relevant business objects, schedule the Replication from Edition-Dependent Source to Time-Independent Target (USMD_EDITION_REPLICATE) report, on or shortly after the valid-from date or valid-from period of the changes. Running this report ensures the timely replication of changes to edition-based business objects belonging to a data model .

For more you may refer below which may be helpful

Processing of an Edition - SAP Help Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luo

In MDG 7.0 it depends upon replication type selected during creation of Edition