cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A question about DMO for BW to Hana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends:

This morning I have finished my first BW migration from Oracle to SAP Hana using DMO.

The Hana system is going thru the post-copy activities at this moment.

But I have a question about the source system:

This source system was NW730SP10, now after the migration it's still NW730SP10. Is this normal? By the way, target is 7.4 now.

I raise this question because I read this discussion:

Hi Christophe,

not sure if I understand your scenario correct, but there is no need for a manual db restore to replay the upgrade process. As Roland has pointed out, the reset functionality does the complete (*) reset without the need of manual actions like restore. After the reset, your SAP system will point to the "old" database which is not changed, and the system will have the "old" release again.

• (*) "complete":
    as you say, SPAM/SAINT update will not be reset, and SAP Notes you implemented are not reset as well.

Regards, Boris

I did not choose "reset" and my migration is done, my source system remain the same as before in terms of versions. Is this right?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jeena,

You have migrated your database so applications remains at same level. I haven't seen this scenario,  but my reply says that is logical.

Divyanshu

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jeena,

My last reply was logical assumption.

You have used DMO with SUM, at least one SP should be applied.

Refer: 1813548 - Database Migration Option (DMO) for Software Update Manager

If you are on 7.31 or 7.4  ---- your target can be 7.31 or 7.4 - your choice.

Divyanshu

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should goto system-status and check for any changed SP level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your help.

I have a screenshot for system-status before upgrade/migration. I compare it with my current source system system-status side by side, there is no difference at all.

According to Boris:

After the reset, your SAP system will point to the "old" database which is not changed, and the system will have the "old" release again.

Since I did not choose "reset", my source system should point to the new release according to Boris.

Is something wrong ?

Thanks if anybody can help with  this.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think, some  thing must was updated.

Did you supply a stack.xml with sum and what was the target ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, stack.xml was generated on a Solman before SUM/DMO was started.

The source is DB1 and the target is HDB.

DMO took the stack.xml without complaints.

Could you and Boris tell how to see the release difference or any other difference?

Thanks!

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So, my point here is, did you select any SAP/NW component in XML while it was being generated from solman. Eg, some patch or stack ?

Divyanshu

Answers (0)