cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance Optimizer alternatives

Dave_S
Explorer
0 Kudos

We're a large public sector customer, but Solution Manager (SolMan) has not been a priority. We just completed the upgrade to 4.0 last week, have only been really using SolMan for an ongoing NW04s implementation project, and basic functionality like Early Watch isn't working correctly. Needless to say, Maintenance Optimizer (MOz) hasn't been implemented yet; we're just now starting to investigate what is involved. According to SAP, MOz is required to support NW04s-based systems as of April 2, 2007.

What alternatives are available to NW04s customers who won't be ready with MOz by April 2?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The necessity was published last year around august, the customer letter was sent in Februrary. You can create OSS calls to make SAP confirm your basked, but in fact, you won´t get around that.

--

Markus

Dave_S
Explorer
0 Kudos

Despite the advance notice, we won't be ready. And I imagine there are other customers in the same situation. Are we out of luck?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From the FAQ:

What happens if my SAP Solution Manager system is temporarily unavailable?

SAP will provide a fallback scenario. If urgently required, customers can create a message at component SV-SMG-MAI-APR and SAP will release the required download basket in SAP Service Marketplace.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Dave_S
Explorer
0 Kudos

In addition to Markus's reference to the FAQ, I also learned from an ASUG/SAP webcast yesterday (3/29/07) that the requirement currently only applies to support packs (ABAP & JAVA), but not Notes, etc, and then only those released on or after April 2, 2007. I had feared basic support would be greatly hampered by the MOpz requirement, but the scope of MOpz is relatively small to start.