cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source inspection before 365 days of delivery date of purchase order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Business wants to create source inspection lot well in advance before 365 days of delivery date of purchase order. this lot is required to record results.

In SAP, transaction code QA51 allows only two digit characters for 'number of days for opening period' so system is not creating inspection lot for more than 99 days delivery date from current date.

Please advise.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try the following procedure on QA51 variant. Create a dynamic selection for the delivery date field with current date + 365 days. Leave opening period field empty and protect it. With this set up the system will create source inspection lots for POs with delivery date up to 1 year ahead. I assume you have set up the Q-info record with source inspection accordingly.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nice solution.  That might work. I believe then that he should enter nothing for the opening period.

Also, this could create a lot of source lots before you really want them, so you might need to create two variants, one for these long term materials, and one for shorter time periods.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correct. Nothing should be entered for the opening period. And two variants may suffice business needs in terms of identifying the LLT materials.

BR, Julio.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julio,

Thanks for your answer but it could not work. i tried earlier this solution. if you protect the field, system takes '30' days as a opening period by default. you can try this. when you save as per above screen shot and if you again see variant, you will find '30' days.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No no... you´re doing something wrong. I have just checked my test variant again and you can see there´s no default value on opening period:

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes.. he's definitely doing something wrong.

I tested it myself and it does work.

Craig

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

He may not be using the right variant.  There is a system variant for QI07 called SAP&TCODE_QI07.  He could be specifying a variant name but not using the created variant name in the batch job so the batch job is running with the system variant.  Variants can be tricky until you get the hang of them.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,Hi Julio,

It does not work with '00' days in opening period with protected field, because as i told you eariler, it takes '30' days if we do not enter any value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patel, 30 days will always be defaulted by the report RQBAAM20 when you enter the initial screen. That´s because of a standard variant SAP&TCODE_QI07 which is always used by the report:

Do the following: On SE38 create a new variant for report RQBAAM20. System will again default both delivery date & opening period fields on initial screen. Clear those fields out and then click on the Attributes button. Follow my instructions sent earlier to set up the dynamic selection of delivery date + protection of opening period. Save the variant and run the job on QA51 using your variant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julio,

I tried one more time as per your suggestion. it does not work.i scheduled job but inspection lot is not created in background job.

can you try to create purchase order with 300 days delivery date with background job?

Appreciate your effort.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Program is just working fine in my sandbox (see below). I am running ECC 6 with Ehp7. Did you try to run the same variant via QI07 to see if you get POs to be processed? Please share some screen shots if possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I run the background job with QA51 and  QI07. It does not pick the purchase order for inspection lot creation.

System is ECC 6.0 EHP6.0

If i run in foreground mode, it shows the purchase order with more than 300 days delivery date.

Its strange that it works for you and not works for me.

Do you have inspection lot for more than 300 days delivery date?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patel, I really got interested on this particular issue because we have been using source inspection in our company for a while. After some investigation on ABAP code of report I will share with you my fact findings:

1) System calculates the start date of source inspection (delivery date from PO - Leadtime from q-info record). For example, in my test case it was 14.08.2015 - 0 days. So field g_datum below will be 14.08.2015:

2) System then checks if you are running the report in background (highlighted in yellow above). If so then it will check if the start date of inspection (g_datum) falls on opening horizon (g_datum_eroff). The opening horizon is calculated as per formula below (system login date + opening period). As an example: 14.08.2014 + 30 days = 13.09.2014.

Default opening period (p_eroff) is 30 days:

3) So all-in-all, when you are running QI07 online you´ll get a yellow traffic light on the long leadtime PO but you will be able to process it (on-line). However if you run the report in background (job scheduling) system will only create inspection lot to the relevant POs if the PO's delivery date falls on the 30 days window based upon the current date.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Talk to your ABAPer to create a custom Z report. On the custom Z report you can just hardcode a new default of 365 days for the opening period for example.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julio,

FInally we both are on same page. Thnaks for your analysis.

Its SAP's bug. they have to fix it.

Thanks.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you'll have to copy the program to a z program and modify it for your purposes. Then run it in batch or manually as needed.

I think I would consider may be looking at using manual lot creation or audit lots, (89 or 07) and see if you can work a business process out using them.  Over a year in advance seems a long time to take delivery.  i can't imagine that accounts for a lot of your lots.

Maybe you can give us an idea of the business and material this is for?

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Product manufacturing time is more than one year for some of the configurable products and so buisness wants to track or inspect based on milestone of the work done.

So it is very business critical requirement. i do not know why SAP does not support.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'd be curious as to the industry and products.  That's a long lead time for a purchased product.  It sounds more like a custom designed product made just for you, (hence configurable).  Do you have a lot of these products you purchase?  Could it maybe set up as a material and a subcontracting order is utilized?  Not sure if that would help or not.  Hard to give other suggestions without understanding the process better which you might not be able to get in to great detail here.

Craig