Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to archive documents with deletion indicator set before a selected date

tom_saga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

We want to archive SAP DMS documents where deletion indicator has been set in 2013 or earlier.

So documents where deletion indicator is set current year should not be archived.

I try to set up a variant in SARA on object CV_DVS to select the correct documents.

But I can not find a way to select documents according to our requirement above.

Anyone that know a way of doing this?

Best regards

Tom

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

from DMS point of view the object CV_DVS is the right option. Please see the documentation at Archiving Document Info Records (CA-DMS) - Cross-Application Components (CA) - SAP Library

that should help to answer your questions.

I have to stress out that for DMS you can only do a selection on the document type. Any dynamic selection criteria are not taken into account.

Best regards,
Christoph

tom_saga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph

Thanks for you answer.

What do you mean with that for DMS dynamic selection are not taken into account.

I did a test in our Test system where I took a dynamic selection based on Document no.

And this seems to work in SARA. Only the 4 documents with that document no, was selected and deleted.

So if I can find a way to select the documents I want to delete, it should be possible to fill the numbers into dynamic selection.

But then of course I need a way to find documents where deletion mark has been set before a given date,

Bet regards

Tom