Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changes in delivery item category

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

I have following scenario.

I have a two different sales scenario like sales from manufacturing plant and sales from depot. We are using a same delivery type and item category in both the scenario. Tick mark "Relevant for picking" is not set in current item category being used in both the case. Now I have a requirement to activate picking in sales from manufacturing plant. One solution is that to create new order type which will derive new delivery type which will derive new item category. But I am not in a position to create a new order type for both the scenario, I have to use the same order type.

So, now using the same delivery item category, how can i activate "Relevant for picking" in required case ?...Is there any user exit or enhancement available which will allow me to activate "Relevant for picking" while determining item category at the time of delivery creation.?...

Hope for the best solution and thanks in advance.

Regards,

Tarpan Vadaliya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How are you differentiating these sales currently?  Ideally, you need to have different delivery type if you have plant sales and depot sales as well.  From client's perspective, on a long term, this approach is recommended.  But if you want to try with different approach, you can try with USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_LIPS in include MV50AFZ1

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Siva for your input, but in my case I dont want to do automatic picking, my question is to make item relevant for picking using the same item category.

@ Lakshmipathi : I have tried to change Item category with USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_LIPS in include MV50AFZ1, but sorry to say its not working.

Is there any userexit of enhancement point at the place where item category determination happens ?..I hope if it is there than we can change the item category in run time based on our logic.

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can go for Manual item category apart from the default item category,which need to be entered manually for manufactured sales process,which is laborious process.

as suggested by Mr.lakshmipathi you better go for Different document type which is the best practice.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure how you have tried but I feel, if you try to validate table T184L where you make use of the field "Usage" to differentiate the depot process and with the exit already mentioned, then I think, your requirement can be achieved.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks to all for your suggestions. I got the solution as follow.

I have changed the source document item category in table CVBAP in item level data copying routine. And its working perfectly. For this, create a new item category and maintained it into delivery item category determination as a manual item category. System determines default item category in delivery document but the same can be replaced by manual item category (as required) through copy control routine -> Itel level.

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Tarpan .. thanks a lot for updating

But I have changed the source document item category in table CVBAP in item level data copying routine. And its working perfectly.

Would you explain a bit more

Thanks a lot

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can go for Manual item category,hope the shipping point is different in both cases,then you can opt for Automatic picking in the delivery