cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where should we deploy and configure the Fiori Launchpad?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am currently configuring the Fiori Launchpad (FLP) in a Gateway Hub scenario. We have a NW 7.40 system (our Gateway Hub) and a backend ECC 6 EHP7 system (also on NW 7.40). The question has come up.... Where should we deploy and configure the Fiori Launchpad?

Both systems have the necessary Gateway components (SAP_GWFND) and both have the necessary UI components (SAP_UI). My thinking is that we should configure the FLP on the Gateway Hub and when it comes to deploying Fiori apps, the UI components (SAPUI5 bits) go on the Gateway Hub and the backend components (oData services) go on the backed system (e.g. ECC in this case).

Is this the correct approach? In order to use the SAP delivered Catalogs will we need to add them as Remote Catalogs (coming from the ECC system)?

If anyone has had a similar scenario I would appreciate your advice.

Thanks in advance,

Simon

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vasilis
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

yes this is the correct approach. You should configure the launchpad on the gateway and the catalogs will be available there for each UI component you install on it.

In my opinion, with this way you will have better control of the fiori apps and UI5 patching and development without affecting the backend system.

Regards,

Vasilis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vasilis,

So the catalogs are delivered with the UI components of each Fiori application.... great.

I have a related question perhaps you can also advise me on. We are also using HR Renewal on the ECC system and part of that uses something called the Suite Page Builder (SPB). SPB seems to use some of the same oData services as the FLP namely:

• /UI2/PAGE_BUILDER_CONF
  • /UI2/PAGE_BUILDER_CUST
  • /UI2/PAGE_BUILDER_PERS

should these services be configured to use the local system alias (to the Gateway) or use the Backend system (ECC)? My view would be that SPB should run on the ECC system (not on the Hub)... but I am not 100% sure.

Cheers,

Simon

Vasilis
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

the below services need to be activated at the local system alias (gateway):

• LAUNCHPAD
  • PAGEBUILDER_SERVICE_V_0_1
  • PAGE_BUILDER_CONF
  • PAGE_BUILDER_CUST