cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection lot creation time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

What are the differences between ENTSTEZEIT and ERSTELZEIT in table QALS? They both mean "lot created at" but have different values, in my system ERSTELZEIT is 6 hours larger than ENTSTEZEIT. If I want to see at what time the Inspection lot was created, which field should I chose?

Regards

Danny

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'll check my system in the morning but I believe it might be related to the time zone differences.  I.e. one might be the server time, (ERSTELZEIT), the lot was created and the other might the lot creation time in the users time zone. (ENTSTEZEIT).  If the lot was created close to midnight, you might also see differences between the lot creation date fields too.

This document explains this and actually shows an example for an inspection lot in QM at the very bottom of the page. It indicates one is the creation time in the server's time zone.

Global Time zone management functionality - Toolbox for IT Groups

Craig 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Caig,

I realized it is due to difference between server time and user time that I see two "Lot creation time", but when I go to table QAVE to check the UD history I can only see one UD time which is VEZEITERF, it does not differentiate between server time and user time...Why?

I just want to calculate the time duration between inspection lot creation and UD, since lot creation has two times while UD has only one time, which lot creation time I should chose?

Thanks

Danny

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The easiest way is to manually create a lot, write down both times from QALS.  Wait a few minutes, then go in and make a UD.  The UD time should only be offset a few minutes from one time or the other.  Than you'll know how to write your program spec.

Craig

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Danny,

I agree with Craig, This is due to time zone differences.

Go to STZAC and make sure that bothe time zones are same.

Amol.