cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Assistant Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are planning to give our Exective Admins access to the ABAP Webdynpro App FITV_POWL_ASSISTANT so that they can create expense report for their Boss who are VP's. in order to do this we will use FPB_MAINTAIN_PERS_M to create the relationship for admins user id and Boss's PERNR.

Problem is that few of these admins are managers and have access to Manager self service, so they will be able to go into the Travle approver app FITV_POWL_APPROVER and approve the expense reports they themself created.

Is there way we to either prevent them from approving the expense report they created or modify the employee list only for FITV_POWL_APPROVER so that boss don't shown up there.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

From what I understood, the idea is to restrict managers from approving their own trips and not those of VP's. So Mathieu's idea 1 makes more sense.

Want more low cost? Give them access to PR05. I know i'm silly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Humm tricky

For both web dynpro application the personnalization dialog is DIA_CO_CCA_TR if i remember. Am I right ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes, both web dynpro application use the personnalization dialog is DIA_CO_CCA_TR.

Any ideas...

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmmm, my ideas :

Idea 1 (low cost) : Use authorization to allow these user to create trip for boss but forbid them to approve trip for boss (using fields like PERSG, PERSK, VDSK1 in P_TRAVL object).

Idea 2 (involve abap development) : I would try by using a custom view in FPB_MAINTAIN_PERS_M.

Custom view with 2 custom function module that would remove boss in the selection for approval.

Regards
Mathieu

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Agreeing with Matthieu's approach 1 using Authorizations. We had a similar requirement and solved it that way.

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

For this you have to define a custom workflow, in that you have to mention if the person is equal to the approving manager, then it shouldn't allow him to "approve/reject/send back for corrections" and also you have to define/mention according to your scenario to whom it should go for approval.

Regards,

Narayana