Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hierarchy in IP11 and Tasklist maintenance package

nureya
Participant
0 Kudos

Guys,

Good day. I have a question.

Assuming that i created a maintenance strategy ABC001 and it has maintenance packages 1M with hirearchy 1 and 4M with hirearchy 2. This means when 4M is due,1M will not happen.

Now i am going to create my tasklist with two operations.

10. 1M operation checklist

20. 4M operation checklist

When i create a Tasklist with ABC001 strategy and go into maintenance package tab, i will choose 1M for first operation. If i want the 1M operation also when 4M operation is due, i have to check 1M AND 4M against 4M operation checklist. But this is different that what we did in IP11 for ABC001 package(We are saying 1M will not happen when 4M is due and giving a higher hirearchy)... But the Tasklist i have selected both 1m and 4M package, how will the system react?

Please advice.

Thanks,

Syl

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sebastian_lenartowicz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings Syl,

If you have a Hierarchy-based Strategy, the rule of thumb is that the Operation will appear only in the Packages you selected for it.

So, look at the highest Hierarchy Package you assigned to any Operation. If you want the Operations with lower Packages to appear in parallel with the higher Package, you must also select this higher Package for them.

Thus, if you had selected 1M & 4M for the operation, it will appear every month.

If you did not select 4M, it would only appear in months 1,2,3,5,6,7,9... and so on - but only if there is at least 1 other Operation with 4M assigned.