Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exemption of Cost Element from AVAC

sukhveer_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am in middle of very critical issue. I tried with all available threads but not getting any answer.

I have to exempt some cost element from budget check by OPTK. Config is  COArea (xxxx)-Cost Element (xxxxxxxxx)-Orig-Group (*)-Recovery Indicator (*).

I have budget the project and availability control is activated in WBS Element.  Sales order is assigned to Rev WBS Element and some provisional cost conditons are included in sales order.

Sales order is assigned with the WBS Element and during invoicing some provisional cost by these exemption cost elements is exceding the Revenue WBS element budget.

System should not check the budget for these exempted cost elements.

This functionality is not working.  Something I am missing or something is wrong.

Waiting for your answer and hint for solving this critical issue.

Thanks & Regards.

Sukhveer.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no need to populate Orgin Group and Recovery Indicator fields in your case.

Also maybe you are taking the wrong reports for availability control, for advanced logic of availability control you should use report BPFCTRA0.

sukhveer_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Paulo,

Yes dear!! it resolved my issue.

Thanks for solution.

Now it is working fine and these cost elements are not triggering for budget check.

Full points for you

Thanks & Regards,

Sukhveer

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

hemu_katta
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi sukveer singh,

We did not follow you resolutio.

please share the steps to resolve the query.

It is very urgent to us

Thanks

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you try this?

1) Deactivate the availability control - CJBW

2) Reconstruct availability control - CJBN

3) Reactivate availability control - CJBV

Regards,

Gokul

sukhveer_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gokul,

Thanks for reply. I have tried with deactivating the availablility control and CJEN and CJBN.

after deactivating the AVAC then system is not checking budget but after actavating AVAC system is again checking the budget.

CJEN and CJBN is not putting any effect in cost element exemption.

Can you please check the pic attached for configuration of OPTK. If something I have missed in configuration!

After correct configuration system should not check these cost elements in budget.

Please suggest what we should do to exempt these cost elements...

Thanks & Regards,

Sukhveer.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure that the project is created under same controlling area 3315 for which you have assigned exempt cost element.

Also, make sure that same CE is being picked during PR/PO/FI entries and there is no substitution in place to substitute different CE/GL in your transactions.

Thanks