cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iWay vs XI or Both?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have choosen to evaluate XI to integrate data directly from DB2 AS400 to SAP R3. To pull the data from DB2 AS400 into SAP we are talking to iWay on adapter side - but here is the big confusion iWay introduced when we had call with them.

<b>- iWay is suggesting use their iWay Integration engine/Service Manager and adaptors to push/pull the data to SAP directly with out XI?. Haven't seen any need of XI at all? Does anyone had been into this situation and ended up using just iWay not XI? if so why? or if not can you please provide Pros and Cons using both(XI and iWay) or either one ? </b>

I am new to both iWay and XI, can't put together pros and cons of both XI and iWay and make a decision? Any quick response would greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Venkatesh

gvrao@transmontaigne.com

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member431549
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you believe that XI is SAP's future direction, you should get it installed and get using it. You will not need iWays to connect an AS/400 database through JDBC to R/3. XI can do this with technical adapters that are included in base install.

I think iWays is probably a solid product too. Just a different option.

baskar_ramasamy
Participant
0 Kudos

Apart from XI, iway has their own middleware called iSM(iWay Service Manager),i think you are speaking about that.

If you want XI go with that. iSM is also a good product. lot of things are there before you decide, performance,cost......

Answers (0)