cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting error "DDIC Password Check" phase in SAP installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am getting error while installing SAP netweaver 2004s. there are 44 phases and i am getting error in 28 phase i.e,  "DDIC Password check" .

i attached log file. please help me

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Babu

Just check the DDIC user id locked or not? for that you have to enable SAP* user id default password "pass"

BR

SS

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jagadish,

1. Logon to the client 000 and reset the password of DDIC user to default 19920706 and retery the installation

2. Upgrade your kernel and then retry the step in sapinst

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did what ever u mentioned ,I've changed ddic password by using default password by sap* . but again i am facing the same problem

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please update your host file and services file.

Also, share logs for current stage.

Former Member
0 Kudos

what to update in host file and services file .

i was able to up sap instance and logged in as sap* then i changed ddic password and again i started sapinst but same error in "DDIC password check". is there any link to oracle patch installation with this error.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try setting the default password ?

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Typo - Resetting to default password - 19920706 ?

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer

Former Member
0 Kudos

yeah i have tried to login DDIC with 19920706. but it throws error. so through sap* i have changed ddic password and set to 'initial'

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check and share sapinst_dev.log

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is your windows version and database ?

If windows and maxdb

refer: 967742 - SAP NW 2004s SR2 & SAP BS 2005 SR2 Inst. on Windows: MaxDB

1527332 - MaxDB and Windows 2008 (R2): Phase "Check DDIC password"

Set any random default password and login with default password and set 19920706 during password reset option.

If UNIX n maxdb

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/967741

Divyanshu

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With the log you provided, the only issue that one can say was with port and service

Connect to SAP gateway failedConnect_PM  GWHOST=jasys, GWSERV=sapgw00, SYSNR=00

So, i asked you initially to check this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am doing installation in RHEL 5.4  32 bit, and DB version is oracle 10g

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have you tried this - Set any random default password and login with default password and set 19920706 during password reset option during logon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i thought it may be oracle patch problem and i tried to run .runInstaller . but i got error in linking stage "error in invoking target 'client_sharedlib' of makefile". so i just stopped it and tried to run lsnrctl start command. but it is not running and database is not coming up. thats why i was unable to set default password to ddic. earlier when i tried to install abap i never faced these type of errors. now i am installing dual stack. I am facing so many errors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

the same dump get successfully installed when i tried for only abap installation. I don't know why the same dump including java was unable to install and throwing lot of errors.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is the reason you share relevant logs and other details too. So what we all can work together to solve any issue. With information you have provided one can only say restart password and check service file.

Now since the problem is with linking(as you said for DB)- you have to install required rpms like GCC which creates these links.

Also, check the oracle installation logs for issue.

Divyanshu

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
the same dump get successfully installed when i tried for only abap installation. I don't know why the same dump including java was unable to install and throwing lot of errors

Which dump ?

Are you sure that you have required Java installation media ?

Did you check the installation guide for correct media ?

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Could you check this SAP Note

945315 - SAP installation on Linux on POWER/Oracle 10.2

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

yeah i have complete dump for java installation. the same dump was successfully installed by one of colleague. I asked him regarding the Errors and he is also unable to trace out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sure ill check

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Share the instillation logs and install all required rpms.

I am sure this will help.