SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage of characteristics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

When I create a generic article with the characteristics that I created (Z_SIZE and Z_COLOR), this information should be mantained in table MARA for various purpses.

However I saw in table MARA, the fields: COLOR and SIZE1 but they are empty. I searched a little bit and came across a transaction called WRFCHVALTYPE. Should I insert the characteristics I created and update table MARA so that the information of my variants will be updated in these fields? Is there another way?

At this moment, the information of my characteistics is only mantained in description field of the article

Thank you all in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tobias_König
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi F CC,

you have to maintain the characteristic in WRFCHVALTYPE with Characteristic Type "Color Characteristic" (Z_COLOR) and "Size Characteristic (Main Size)" (Z_SIZE) - Field CHARTYP in the transaction. Then, MARA_COLOR and MARA_SIZE should be filled automatically, when creating an article and assigning the characteristic values to it.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Tobias

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Tobias_König
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi F CC,

you have to maintain the characteristic in WRFCHVALTYPE with Characteristic Type "Color Characteristic" (Z_COLOR) and "Size Characteristic (Main Size)" (Z_SIZE) - Field CHARTYP in the transaction. Then, MARA_COLOR and MARA_SIZE should be filled automatically, when creating an article and assigning the characteristic values to it.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tobias.

I had solved the problema myself before you answered, but your answer is correct. Those are the steps that are needed for this to work.

Thank you anyway.