cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection Origin for Certificate Profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

As part of SAP QM Implementation in our Chemical Manufacturing Company, we produce BULK  Chemicals and send them to customer in various PACKAGING  items like in Tanks, Tots, Zip Slip etc. We do 100% inspection for BULK s and record result , but for PACKAGING we do partial inspection, but do not do any result recording in current  system (and wont do in SAP) but refer to corresponding BULK batch inspection result.The BULK s and PACKAGING s are batch managed and produced through existing SAP Process Orders.

Scenario 1: When we send BULKs in Tank Wagon to customer we intend to print COAs from outbound delivery and for which I have already tested the process using relevant data and works fine. In this case I used "Result Origin" as 01 (Inspection result) and "Insp.Spec.Origin" as 01 (Inspection Specification for the QM) for the MICs assigned in the certificate profile and linked to that product.

Scenario 2: When we send PACKAGINGs to customer using delivery, we intend to print the result from corresponding BULK batch relevant parameter/characteristics  in COA, through custom "Result Orgin" Z1 copy of 01 and "Insp.Spec. Origin" as 01, and planning to write one custom function module (copy of 01) to be used in Z1 . This custom function module will be used to find the corresponding BULK batch used in the production of PACKAGING product through material document 261 movement in process order and then to find the corresponding inspection lot for the issued BULK batch to fetch the result to print in the COA for those characteristics (MIC) in certificate profile for which the Result Orgin maintained as Z1.

Does anyone worked previously any similar cases described in Scenario 2 above to provide some input or any better suggestions to achieve this? Do I need to use 03 inspection origin instead of 01 ? We have not yet started the enhancement and not sure of the outcome, so any input from your side will be helpful.

Regards

SK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why don't you use the 'results from production chain" functionality for scenario 2?  Then no customization.

Also, please do not make changes to the COA program.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig

As the option of 03 also needs setup of Production Chain info in the Certificate Profile (material tab) , so to avoid this data maintenance I thought of automating the requirement in first place.

But will have a look at this approach using Inspection Origin 03 and Insp.Spec.origin 03 along with the corresponding BULK to print COA without any customization.

Thanks

SK

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes.. it does require master data setup.   But it is a one-time setup and someone is setting up a COA profile usually anyway.