cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPGUI for Java - how to launch a browser?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I cannot get the Java GUI to launch a web browser when called from transactions such as SXMB_IFR. A message shows up on the status bar saying "Starting browser..." but the browser never starts. I have tried several settings for the "Desktop Integration Settings" dialog, including each of the three possible Integration Models along with a browser setting which contains the '%u' as well as without. Under Mime Types, the text/html type is configured to point to the correct browser. I have also tried adding and removing %u to that.

Can someone give me ideas of something else to try? Or perhaps the right trace settings to help figure out where this is going wrong?

I am using SAPGUI for Java 7.00 rev 3, with JVM 1.5.0_06-b05 from Sun. It is running on a Ubuntu Linux machine with a GNOME desktop.

Thanks,

Robbie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Rolf-Martin. I have opened a message for the component.

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks for the bugreport.

I had a brief look and have discovered some old fashioned ABAP trying to execute "/usr/local/netscape/netscape" with an URL as parameter.

Until you receive an official fix (ABAP), you can tweak your client by creating a symlink located at /usr/local/netscape/netscape and pointing to the executable of your favorite browser.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brilliant! The GUI a little trouble with the symlink, so I created a script there named 'netscape' and had it invoke the other browser and pass on all parameters. That worked like a charm.

Thanks!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to report this problem too. I use Debian Sarge with JVM 1.4.2_08. I didn't find a log message pointing to this problem.

Pavel

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

this does not sound like a configuration problem on the client, this seems to be ABAP coding related.

Both of you should create a bug report on component BC-FES-JAV using the <a href="http://service.sap.com/message">message reporting page on service market place</a> and add a trace according to <a href="https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/683960">note 683960</a>.

In addition to the default trace keys, please also activate keys INFO, GMUX and C_GMUX.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin