cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to dynamically replace variables in SMARTFORM texts based on item data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm currently designing a confirmation of order using Adobe PDF forms. The general layout with tables, pictures and texts was not big deal.

But one tiny bit doesn't work and I'm becoming more and more desperate about it.

We need various free texts for our pdf form. I created the texts using smartform texts. Some of these texts need to be slightly dynamic, so I added some dynamic fields in it.

For example:

"The material is currently out of stock.You can expect shipping around week &num_week&."

To replace the dynamic field &num_week& in my interface, I read that I have to name the dynamic field exactly like the corresponding field in my interface. In my case this would be now:

"The material is currently out of stock.You can expect shipping around week &SLS_PRT_COM-ITEM_DETAIL-ZZ_EXTRAFIELDS-ZZWEEKNUM&."

To see the text on my form, I added a text object with type 'text module' and the proper textname. Of course I'm able to insert text on my form, save and activate it without problems. But if I want to print the form, nothing happens as the print program exits with an error code.

After some hours I found out that this problem only occurs if I'm trying to replace the dynamic field with a field from the item table. Using a field from head details or globals like sy-mandt works like a charm.

So my question is: Is it possible to use item data to replace dynamic fields of a smartform text?

Greetings and thanks in advance!

André

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have a look at the links below:

LiveCycle ES2 * Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES2

After adding the floating field it will apeare in the hierarchy pallet above or bellow the text field.

Good luck

Shai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shai,

thanks for the link!

Floating fields are great if I'd have to deal with a fixed text. In my case, my texts completely change depending on various parameters.

So I have to use smartform texts with dynamic fields inside.Would be no problem, if I could use item data *sigh*

Cheers

André

Answers (0)