cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank compression

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to report template design . I have one doubt in Blank compression .

Suppose we have two Parameter Symbols .I have to output a phrase only if both the symbols have value and it should get balnked out if only one symbol has value or no symbol has value.

I used something like this using AND operator.

<13BNG010(*:02GCM01(;1),02GCM02(;1))

<03EHS_L_TEXT(PHR-1000000000054)

<13ENG010>

But in this case even If there is one symbol has a value  then also phrase value is shown as output.

Please explain on how this case whould be defined.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash ,

I am using GPC checking all value assignments, but still that AND condition is not considered , even if one symbol has data the phrase is getting printed.

Thanks

Ralph_P
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Suganth,

change <13BNG010(*:02GCM01(;1),02GCM02(;1)) into <13BNG010(+:02GCM01(;1),02GCM02(;1)) (using the OR logic) and test again.

Ralph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph ,

Thanks for ur help ..It works .

Please confirm if my understandings are correct.

1.In case of OR Operator whenever atleast one symbol among the condition contains a value, OR operator returns 1(i.e activated ) so the Blank compression gets activated and it will not show the data.

2.In case of AND operator even if one symbol doesn't contain a value then AND condition returns 0(deactivated) so blank compression gets deactivated and hence it shows the data.

Thanks

Ralph_P
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Suganth,

correct:

AND: If no value is found for all control symbols, the section is not printed.

OR: If no value is found for at least one control symbol, the section is not printed.

Ralph

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

Seems you are missing expansion mode(GPC).

Expand your symbols, GCM01 & GCM02 either as “Graphic” or “Phrase” or “Phrase Key” or “Phrase Code”.

Eg:

<13BNG010(*:02GCM01(P;1),02GCM02(P;1))

<03EHS_L_TEXT(PHR-1000000000054)

<13ENG010>

It should solve your pbm. (hope you are consciously checking only the first value assignment)

Regards

Subash Sankar