Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Replicate Custom field for MDGF

riaan_oosthuizen2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are on MDG 7. I am looking for a step by step guide to assist me to replicate a custom field from MDGF to ECC on the same environment.

I have build the field as an referencing relationship field with CCTR  and entity type 1 in the data model because it has 2 check tables assigned to it.

The data element is MWSKZ and I would want to know if we need to build a custom idoc like COSMAS to include the new field and still replicate the old standard CCTR fields to table CSKS in ECC or is there an alternative that should rather be used.

Also, even if we are able to create a custom idoc where do we need to change MDG to look for a custom idoc. The end result should be where the field needs to be updated in table CSKS

Can anyone assist urgently?

Thanks and best regards

Riaan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

riaan_oosthuizen2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Just to let you know.Sap released a note 2054082 that allowed us to change the structure and include the new Custom field. After that we could add the value to the structure and build custom idocs to replicate the new fields.

Thanks and best regards

Riaan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
0 Kudos

Hi Riaan,

As you have added a custom field , you have to handle the processing by extending the Idoc with your custom field by adding the extension to the IDOC.

Handle the SMT mapping for Custom field by copying the same to Z & assign in the MDGIMG.

Once you are done with this step, copy the Outbound implementation class to Z & handle the custom fields in methods MAPPING_CHECK & MAPPING_OUT.

Hope this will help you to resolve the isuue.

Best Regards,

Kaustubh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaustubh,

I am also having the same requirment. i.e. to replicate the newly added field value to ECC.

I have done the SMT mapping. I am using SOA based replication method.

In my outbound implementaion class, i could find MAPPING_out method to map the cost center data.

Could you please explain with more details to handle the custom field in this method.

Thanks,

Kajal

0 Kudos

Hi Kajal,

You can replicate the custom field for which you need to enhance the web service along with the some coding (If required depends upon the requirement) in web service classes to accomplish the target.

Just put a breakpoint in your web service outbound implementation class & create a cost center.

Use SWO1 t-code & give the created change request & check how the process is happening by debugging the same.

Hope this will give some idea to go ahead.

Best Regards,

Kaustubh