cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM_CRM in SAP GUI ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

we are using ITSM using SM_CRM. but my client want to use SM_CRM in SAP GUI like accessing CRMD_ORDER . BSP version seems to be slow

Is there any way to get SM_CRM in SAP GUI ?

Thanks

Sol man

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sol Man

It depends on what you are actually doing or using. For some things, you have an alternative to perform certain tasks, for example, you have a "incident management" work center in SolMan workcenter.

SM_CRM calls up CRM UI which should not be "too" slow so maybe it makes sense to have someone investigate why it is actually slow and fix that issue instead of looking for alternatives.

Best regards

Tom

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I agree with Tom, Karthik, and Prakhar. My experience with the CRM Web UI is that it is quite fast, and much much better than the earlier workcenter approach. I recommend investigating the performance issues there before you try something that is currently unsupported.

Good luck!

Lori

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

CRM component is upgraded within solman so this is not supported anymore and clearly mention to move on new transaction type like SMIN(based upon new technical object/new interface) instead of SLFN(old) transaction types with old interface etc

In addition to Note shared above you can remove the unnecessary workcenters in SM_CRM

You might also need to consider sizing for solution manager based upon the scenario you are using.

Thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Tom you are right.

Not sure whether SMIN transaction access through gui instead for CRM UI. because this transaction (SMIN) for CRM UI only.

Alternatively check the below note to improve the Performance optimization in ITSM

1676755 - Performance optimization in Solution Manager IT Service Management

2017759 - Performance improvement in ITSM and ChaRM search in CRM UI

1940993 - ChaRM & ITSM: Performance Improvement for CRM UI Transaction Type Check

Rg,

Karthik