cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclude QM lot stock for a perticular material and location for PPDS run

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I would like to exclude QM lot stock for a perticular material and location for PPDS run. I have unchecked stock in quality inspection under productmaster/ Demand / availability stock in APO, but still QM lot is appearing in RRP3 view and considering for PPDS heuristic run.

Can you plesae explain how to exclude QM lot for a PPDS run.

--Kishore

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

In the Product Master, in the Demand tab, you can exclude Stock in Quality Inspection. You will see that even when the MRP element of Inspection Lot stock is seen in RRP3, you will note that the stock is not taking into account in the projected stock (Column: Available).

There is also other possibility for Inspection Lots in which you maybe can manage this thru the iModels.

As you can see in the help of CMF1 (for Inspection Lots). You can only activate an integration model for inspection lots if you have set in CIF Customizing that inspection lots should be transferred for materials relevant to inspection lots instead of qualitiy inspection stock.

So if you manage Inspection lots thru the CIF, then you can exclude your material in the iModel...

Kind Regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mariano,

I have excluded Stock in Qiality inspection, l I can see QM lot in RRP3 View and it still taking into account in the stock( Column: Available).

Thanks

Kishore

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

It seems you are transfering Inspection lots thru an iModel.

Did you try to exclude this material from the iModel of Inspection Lots? Check if you have a variant in CFM1 for inspection lots and exclude your material.

Run CFM1 and CFM2 and let me know what happens. Once this is done, you will probable need to delete the QM lot using /SAPAPO/RLCDEL for your material and plant.

Kind Regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mariano,

Yes, we have intigration Model for inspection lot, but if I control QM lot through iModel, then what is the use of unchecking Stock in Qiality inspection in MAT1 under demand tab.

My user wants to handle QM lot to include or excluide through a user option, every time user cannot give us a list of materials to exclude in the iModel and delete QM through a RLCDEL.

Please guide me how to handle this.

Thanks

Kishore

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

Some companies do not activate the iModel for Inspection Lots and manage the Inspection Lots as Quality Inspection Stock. For example this how it looks an Inspection Lot in RRP3 if you manage the Inpsection Lots as Stock in Quality Inspection:

Because you are using the iModel transferring Inspection Lots as QM Lots, you can not use the Stock in Quality.

You can read about it in the help of the field Inspection Lots in CFM1. This is the help:

Inspection Lots in Integration Model

You use this indicator to activate the transfer to SAP APO of inspection lots
that are relevant to stock.

Dependencies

You can only activate an integration model for inspection lots if you have
set in CIF Customizing that inspection lots should be transferred for materials
relevant to inspection lots instead of qualitiy inspection stock.

If the inspection lots in SAP APO are to contain the characteristic value
assignements of the batches assigned to them, you have to transfer the
characteristic value assignments to SAP APO before activating the integration
model for inspection lots. You can do this by activating an integration model
for stock.

Hope this clairy your doubt.

Kind Regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mariano,

Thanks for the explanation.

last question: if we do not use iModel for inspection lots, then how QM lots will be transfered to APO system.

Thanks

Kishore

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

This can be controlled in the customizing.

You need to configure this point in R/3:

SPRO --> Integration with Other SAP Components -->Advanced Planning and Optimization -->

Application-Specific Settings and Enhancements -->Settings and Enhancements for Stocks --> Set Up Transfer of Inspection Lots to SAP APO

This is the help of the customizing node that explains this behaviour:

Set Up Transfer of Inspection Lots to SAP APO

Use

By default, inspection lots from the ERP system are transferred to SAP APO as
stock in quality inspection. In this IMG activity, you fulfill the prerequisites
for the transfer of inspection lots that meet the relevant criteria outlined
below to an SAP APO target system.

Inspection lot integration is then activated when you activate an integration
model for inspection lots. If the Inspection Lots Allowed indicator is
not set, you cannot activate this integration model.

Kind Regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mariano,

Thanks very much for your help .

Regards

Kishore

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

keganta
Explorer