cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FILE RFC FILE BPM Scenario : How to split the response from BAPI and send

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a simple File-RFC-File scenario : I call BAPI_GET_COMPANYDETAIL by sending the company code from a flat file to make the RFC Call . I get the returns and put it in another file.The File contains Return data from BAPI which includes error structure also.

.I want to split the BAPI response to 2 files-1)containing return data 2) Containing Return Error

I have implemented a BPM which has Sync Send to RFC and the returns from RFC are send asynch to abstract interface .I have 2 async abs interface for BPM(one for send and other for receive)

Now I want to have another file which wll have the error messages from the BAPI call.

How do I split the return message from the BAPI call to send it to 2 different files?

Do I need to make 3 abstact async interface in BPM (1 for send and 2 for receive)?

Any clue ?

Thanks

Prashanta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi...

there can be two ways...

1. we split the message into two messages and sendit through two send steps, generally using two abstract interfaces............both using same inbound interface

2. u keep a field in the message..eg, error_type..... use one abstract interface and use a send step and in the receiver determination.......use condition to send correct message and incorrect message through different inbound interfaces.........

pls query further for details

Message was edited by:

sudeep dhar

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

actually, if both interfaces should be sent to the same receiver service, you could use enhanced interface determination and execute the multimapping in configuration runtime (and not inside BPM, which is extremely not performatic).

Regards,

Henrique.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your current configuration your are perfroming the mapping outside the BPM .In this case, now you will need to perfrom the mapping inside the BPM.

1. You will have 2 mappings, the source for these mappings will the the RFC response and the target will be the Return Data for one and the Error strcuture for the other.

2. In the BPm after the Send Synch step , you will need to call these mappings and then use separate Send steps to send the individual messages out of the BPM.

Regards

Bhavesh

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No need for 2 mapping programs, just use 1 simple 1:2 multimapping.

Regards,

Henrique.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How dumb of me . At times you forget the obvious. Thanks henrique.

Regards

Bhavesh

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No problem.

Regards,

Henrique.