cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA Tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a HANA Table from a excel file . Now I want that this table should not be modified by anyone else except me. I tried this by adding the table in object privileges and then selecting the checkboxes Insert,Update,Delete with option No--> Grantable to others. But this is giving me a error that

Grantor and grantee cannot be same .

Thanks,

Nikhil.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Usually, if user A creates a table in his own schema A, no one can see this table or even his schema. Unless user A grants the privilege to others, this table is only visible to user A. So, you do not need to do anything.

Best regards,

Wenjun

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys for your help.

@Krishna : I have one HANA Instance and in that I created 2 user IDs so there are 2 Schemas.

User A and User B . As per you User B should not be able to update , Delete, Insert table of User A. But I am able to update the records with update statement.

Can you please help me setting the table non modifiable to other users.

Thanks,

Nikhil .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Well, If you do not want the User_B to fiddle with the records of the table which is residing in the schema of User_A then you can revoke the privileges this way,

Log in with User_A else you will get this error "grantor and grantee are identical"

revoke update on schema <schema_name> from User_B;

by executing this the User_B can no longer update the records of User_A.

Regards,

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

I concur with Krishna comments and there was typo in my earlier post,it should be like:

Mostly, if you have created the table in your User like Nikhil_schema. It will be not visible to other users.

Alternatively, if SQL privilege like NO update can be also set the USER_B. In this case USER_B,will never able to update any table in HANA.

Regards

Santosh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nikhil,

You will first have to log in as a USER_ABC and then expand the users tab under SECURITY and then choose the "ADMIN_USER"

Then choose the "OBJECT PRIVILEGES" under which add the required table of the appropriate schema created by the "USER_ABC" and assign DML.

By default if you only grant the select privilege, the other user will not have the privilege to perform the DML on your table unless and until you go ahead and grant the DML privileges.

i guess that should work,Worked for me.

Regards,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

You might not having the complete authorization to grant the object privilege.

Contact your adminstrator and ask him to allocate the object privilege to you.

Mostly, if you have created the table in your User like Nikhil_schema. It will be visible to other users.

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Santosh,

Mostly, if you have created the table in your User like Nikhil_schema. It will be visible to other users.

It is not possible for the DB_user_b to access the tables created by DB_user_a unless DB_user_a (grantor) grants the select privilege to DB_user_b (grantee).

Regards,

Krishna