cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pallet strategy setup and system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I am wondering the following setup is correct in the system if I want to use pallet strategy in the following warehouse storage type setting.This area consists of the following physical rack, which can store two kinds of SUT (i.e. EURO Pallet and INDUSTRIAL Pallet).

Each of the level (i.e. the bin) can be breaking down in the relevant section (see below).

Step 1: Create Storage Bin with of above Storage Bin structure under Storage Bin.

Question A: Does system allows this (i.e. one group of storage bin having similar plant/storage location/storage location/storage type/bin coordination) created under both E1 and I1 in the LS10 transaction?

Step 2: Assign allowable SUT to Storage Type;

Step 3: Assign allowable Storage Bin Type to the SUT;

Step 4: Divide storage bin in the storage type into Section.

Step 5: Link Bin Section to SUT and Storage Bin Type

Question B: Does Step 5 setting allow in system given that the first 4 columns are the primary key on the row?

Question C: Does the above setting correct base on the requirement?

Regards,

Tuff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes it seems Ok at first glance.
You can have 3 cases...
1) Have 1 i1 + 2 e1
2) Have 2 i1
3) Have 4 e1
The system doesn't care if IP (i1) is at the beginning, end, or in the middle, the total qty of pallets is of importance for this capacity check.

The best thing to do is do your customizing on dev/qas and test it.
You will see if it behaves correctly or not.

But it seems that you do understand the concept, so i advise you to go for it and get the settings done and try it out.

Regards,
Mihailo

Answers (0)