cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing an ALV on ITS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I have a problem when print an ALV generated by a standard transaction, that is called via ITS (WEBGUI).

When I click the print button a popup window shows, and I see that the default Output Device is LOCL. Then I click to continue and the printing process begins. Meanwhile, a new browser window opens and the system returns an error message saying something like: "file does not begin with '%pdf-' "

On R/3 I call the same transaction and I print the ALV without any kind of problem (also using the Output Device = LOCL).

Do you guys know why this happens?

Thank you and best regards,

Ricardo Inácio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member228142
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

the reason is probably that you use the wrong printer. The output device LOCL is a printer with device type SAPWIN. This printer does not create a PDF document. Therefore the PDF reader complains about it. If you print from webgui you have to use a printer with device type PDF1. You can find these printer by using the search help of the printer dialog. There you have to enter PDF1 as the device type. Please check SAP note 1042424 .

Hope that helps.

Best regards,

Klaus

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Chris_Schutz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Did you resolve the problem , we seems to have the same . Thank you for sharing the solution .

Regard's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can u pls refer Sap Note 824894 & 918772 .

Hope this will help.

Regards