cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIORI UI APP extension- duplicate app creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have just started to learn FIORI and willing to extend FIORI standard apps. As a first step I am trying to download SAP standard PO approval FIORI app to eclipse and without changing it I am just creating Z app and uploading the same with the program /UI5/UI5_REPOSITORY_LOAD. When I was testing the new Z app from SE80 as BSP app it is giving me just blank screen with just FIORI usual blue theme but no content in it. I tried to test it in local Apache Tomcat server but it is giving me same blank screen.

What I am doing wrong?

Please find the steps which I have executed

1. Download MM_PO_APV app from server using  /UI5/UI5_REPOSITORY_LOAD
  2. Create SAPUI5 project and import the app in webcontent folder.

3. Upload the app from eclipse workspace folder without changing anything using the same program /UI5/UI5_REPOSITORY_LOAD. Name the new app as Z….app.

4. Goto SE80 and test the new BSP app.

The blank screen appears like following,

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Dipanshu,

Does original app work fine?

Have you created a tile in launchpad?

Please visit . You can find how to guides.

Regards, Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks! Masa.

The original app is working fine. I was following the guide you mentioned but stuck due to this issue.

I have not created a tile in Launchpad yet as I was testing the new BSP app from SE80 only. I have provided the se80 screenshot earlier and here it is again. I appreciate any help on this.

Regards,

Dipanshu

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Dipanshu,

You need a tile to launch app from launchpad. Do you run the original app from launchpad? right?

You should do same way for extended app.

Please check that index.html is not used in original app. Component.js is the important file to launch app.

Regards, Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

While creating tile on Launchpad I am getting the following error,

It is assigned to local transport and I can not change to customization transport either as I am not getting anything from the dropdown though there is modifiable customization request in system.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Dipanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I figure out the issue and now getting new problem that the ICF node is not found when clicked on the newly created tile for my app..

ICF Node /sap/bc/ui5_ui5/Z_02_MM_PO_APV NOT found!

I guess ..I have missed some configuration....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

I have created the tile by creating fresh application same way but it is giving same blank screen.

After clicking on the new app I am getting blank screen as below,

Regards,

Dipanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the oData Call response and Chrome/FF debug console say? Please follow oData Troublehsooting guide or SAPUI5 troubleshooting guide and provide some more details from the console. there is an error in the app that you need to provide some more details about. Pls check.

thanks

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

I have already provided the screenshot for the console as you have requested earlier, please find it again,

I noted the difference when I am running SAP standard app where you can see the application name..

However there is no error message anywhere.

Regards,

Dipanshu

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Dipanshu,

Please upload the screenshots for the tile and target mapping setting. We can check it if it is correct setting or not.

Regards, Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Regards,

Dipanshu

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Dipanshu,

Semantic objects should be same as original. Difference is only Application Alias.

Regards, Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Regards,

Dipanshu

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Dipanshu,

You do not need to create a semantic object for Extended app. Semantic object is required for custom app. Anyway is it not related with your issue.

I think root cause is your component.js. Please take a look extensible documents and find if there any difference.

Regards, Masa

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

when you uploaded the program using /ui5/ui5_repository_load then did you upload the web content folder or the whole project from Eclipse? you only need the Web Content folder.

Also did you check the error in Chrome or FF? Please provide details.

thanks

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have uploaded the WebContent folder only from the eclipse workspace. There is no error in browser. Please find the screenshot.