cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to debug a SQLScript procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

I'm following a simple sample of the OPENSap course. I have a simple procedure to calculate the sales price and another procedure that works as a wrapper and calls the first procedure passing the parameters.

1. Which option do i need to set up for the debug configuration, i don't see an SQLScript Procedure option as the course indicates.

2. I tried to use the SAP HANA Stored Procedure option but it seems to be not working as the Debug steps are showing as <terminated>

Thanks in advance for your help

Francisco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

SAP HANA Stored Procedure is the correct option. Just a naming change to the label in the later versions of the HANA Studio.  Also since SP6 you no longer need the wrapper procedure. You can directly debug a procedure with input parameters. 

As far as why it is terminating; I couldn't say.  There isn't really enough information provided to know why.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas

Thanks for your answer, by the way i'm following your course, it's great.

Is there any way to get more information on the termination to understand why it is failing? I'm currently using the Eclipse Kepler and connecting to the hana trial system.

Could it be due to authorizations? any way to know that?

Thanks

Francisco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas

I run the debug for the sale price procedure directly and passing the parameter on the debug screen.

It stills give me the terminate, and there is no extra information on why it did terminate.

During the creation of the sale price procedure i did not found any issue so i know that the procedure is working fine.

Thanks

Francisco

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

It could be authorization related; especially since you are using the HCP Trial.  This is a shared environment and I know they limit authorizations there.  You would normally need DEBUG authorization to the specific Procedure or the Schema.

You should really be using .hdbprocedure instead of .procedure. You could then set a custom schema instead _SYS_BIC.  Do you have your own private schema?  You're kind of getting into the specifics here of what HCP Trial allows or how it works and I couldn't comment on HCP Trial - never having used it myself. I can only comment on base HANA functionality.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Thomas,

We are able to debug xsjs exits from HANA Web IDE. Just wanted to know if debugging of procedures will also be available from IDE.         

Regards,

Adith Shenoy

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

At some point, yes. However that isn't a feature that we have working even internally yet. So its doubtful it is coming with the next Support Package. It would be beyond that.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

dionisio_ambrona
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Francisco,

I have the very same problem, were you able to solve it?

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where you able to solve this?

I am having a very similar problem where procedure A calls procedure B and the debugger only stops in procedure B.

If I set no breakpoint in A it runs through exactly as you described above ("treminated").

If I set a breakpoint in B (or both A and B) it only stops in B.

This is even the case if in the "Debug Configuration" under "Procedure to Debug" procedure A has been selected.

Both procedures are in the same XS project and schema so there is no complicated constellation.