Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup load balancer between SMP and SAP backend systems

amey_baisane
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on SMP based architecture where we need to setup Loadbalancer in beetween SMP server and SAP Backend database.  Please provide your input to on this.

here is more information on infrastructure

Thanks in Advance.

- Amey

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You need to work with your  SAP basis  team to  achieve load balancing between SMP server and SAP back end.There are couple of options  available , one option could be to  use message server for load balancing .  SAP JCO connector supports logging  to SAP system with message server set-up.

Thanks

Manju.

amey_baisane
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manju,

Thanks for your reply!!

I have had a discussion with my SAP Basis team, I came to know about the Message server avilability in the environment that can be use for loadbalancing.

I will give a try to this and update you with the result.. thanks for the help and direction

Kind Regards,

Amey

amey_baisane
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manju,

I am able to connect with Message Server from SMP using SAP connection template. which in turns handles the load balancing at backend

Thanks for your help.

Kind Regards,

Amey

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Amey,

I'm glad  that load balancing worked.   Can you please close this thread so that it will be  helpful for others.

Thanks

Manju.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rileyrainey
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Amey,

An answer will depend on how you intend to expose your connection to the backend SMP Database.  Will it be a direct JDBC connection?  (If so, what's the database vendor?)  Something else?

Thanks,

Riley

amey_baisane
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Riley,

Thanks for your reply...

Here is the more explaination -

- SMP server version - 2.3 with sp04

- Builtin database provided by SMP 2.3 bundle.

Backend system exposing data in RFC and endpoint url for two differenet app.

Using RFC we are building MBO and using endpoint url we have one Odata application.

Now as I mention in image in my previous first post.  when SMP server wants to communicate with any backend system there is a LOAD BALANCER in between which redirect the request to the any of the SAP system. (this is the current landscape environment)

Now I want to unserstand that how SMP server and load balancer will be configured so that this traffice / communcation can take place.

Kind Regards,

- Amey