cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOPZ says "Mark relevant instance" Mark what? Where?

russell_day2
Participant
0 Kudos

I am trying to generate a maintenance transaction in SM 7.1 SP 8.

After step 2.3 - Select Add-on Products, I get this obtuse message for three objects:

"Mark relevant instance to include the software component SEM-BW in SMSY/LMDB"

It is repeated for FINBASIS and SAP_BS_FOUNDATION.  BS indeed. 

They are all part of SAP SEM which is included as a Product Version for the ABAP technical system.

They are checked as Installed for the ABAP technical system. 

Product Instance SAP SEM is assigned to the Product System.

- So the question is - mark what? where?

The SEM-BW component and its friends are included in the a product version.  SMSY is not relevant, (I believe) because SM is 7.1 SP8 and everything seems to have moved to LMDB.

I cannot find any flags to set.  I cannot find any reference to this "relevant" flag anywhere, except the Diagnostics Relevant flag which (a) should have nothing to do with MOPZ and (b) is set.

The detailed message under Display Help only serves to make me reach for my revolver to shoot the screen.  It certainly does not explain what has to be done to fix this problem.

I am trying very, very hard to be nice here.  Can you tell?  I have been trying to get this stack generated for 14 hours.  Come the revolution...

I can find no useful notes.

Thank you for your help.

Russ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
russell_day2
Participant
0 Kudos

Div,

I saw that note - my SEMBW and FINBASIS are already on 604.

So my SEM-BW, FINBASIS and BS_FND were all compatible and correct, and LMDB did not propose a valid product instance for any of them.  I had to create it manually.  But it still does not work and I still get the "Mark relevant" message.  And the message still does not convey any indication of how to solve the problem.  Not even a hint.

It's broken.  What a mess.

But thank you for the quick response.

R

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raise this with SAP under SV-SMG-MAI.

Also, was there anything in log tab or any message number ?

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The correct product instance for SEM-BW , FINBASIS and BS_FND as you describe is EHP4 for SAP SEM 6.0 - SAP SEM.

I assume that your system is a Netweaver with SEM-BW and FINBASIS. To check if what I describe here is correct: does your system have SAP_APPL?

You may want to check also SAP Note 1927083, it explains how to define your system.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño